DeJA surf fishing tournament reports

• We got there about 9:45
    Andrew and Coleen were already there and set up. As were setting up others started to
    arrive.

We did have a good day I caught 1 spot (The official first fish) Then spent the rest of the day
    catching small sharks, guess I pulled in 6 or 7 of them. Enough of them to have Andrew start calling me "Shark Boy" :doh:

I know who won but I'll allow the official poster to announce the winner. It was not me >:(

As we were packing it in for the day a thunder storm started to roll in. We beat the storm and headed North, out racing the storm.

• Got a little bit of trashed picked up while Colleen was unpacking . The sun was in and out all day . Around 5ish the sky got darker . Didnt get packed up in time tho . Good day catching fish and sharks ;D
    Pics in a bit .

• Considering the weather report it was a great turn out. 18 or 19 Jeeps in all.

Probably the most fish we've ever had caught during the tourney.

Lot's of small sharks, kingfish, a throw back flounder and a few other odds and ends.

The champion for 2008 won with a 12" bluefish.

Here he is with his trophy:

Thanks to all that came out.

• My son Michael and I had a great time. Special thanks to Scott, Tara, Brian and Jody for sharing so much, and to Joe for letting us hold a "real live" shark in our hands!! I'm always amazed and impressed with all the clever mods people have done to their rigs. I'm already looking forward to next year's tournament -- then I might even put some bait on my hook. Jim

p.s. Andrew, that last photo was apparently taken late in the afternoon, as can see the "hole" where my Jeep had been before I had to leave.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Just wanted to say me and Jess had fun meeting a few members, and seeing so many jeeps on the beach. Didn't want to leave so early but we were both wiped out and the dogs were ready to go. Hope to see more of you on the beach and defiantly at the beach cleanup.

• My wife Amanda and I had a great time and really enjoyed our first Deja event! I told Derek (black JK that caught the 13" flounder) to join prior to coming down, he coulda been the winner! Thanks to all for a good time, and a special thanks to SLOPAR for the cool triangle shaped bruise. It was a great conversation piece at the Rudder that night. Its been alot of work getting the Jeep ready, and I'm happy to say, she didn't let me down. Now all have to do is go bigger :innocent:

• That pic of me by my Jeep looks great! The contrast against the sky is awesome.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!