winter wheelin/ camping?

• i would like to do a winter run with camping some time this winter, with snow on the ground.
    I am thinking RC would be a good place for this.

who is intrested?

• if i am on land i would go

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• sure count me in maybe i can convince mel93yj aka melissa too we may be camping in the hotel room if she wont agree to the cold weather camping

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• sure count me in maybe i can convince mel93yj aka melissa too we may be camping in the hotel room if she wont agree to the cold weather camping

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• yeah I could do that..I also think we (de4wd)are planning on going to GWNF in late january.... maybe we will just do rausch r maybe we could all do gwnf who knows lets plan something

• anywhere that allows camping in the winter is fine by me.
    i am thinking of camping i a tent, no hotel capming allowed. prolly sometime in Jan.

The requirments will be a tent, a GOOD sleeping bag, and a Thermorest type sleeping pad.

This will be hardcore at its finest and when we head for home, you will all be one step closer to being a bad ass.

if anyone has questions, i have camped in 0* weather with a blizzard going on while ice climbing in canada a few times before. This will be cake.

plus i got some new toys and am getting some new toys i want to play with.

more details to come.

• Quote from "bmf24"

The requirments will be a tent, a GOOD sleeping bag, and a Thermorest type sleeping pad.

This will be hardcore at its finest and when we head for home, you will all be one step closer to being a bad #$$.

So............does this mean that you have to meet these requirements in order to attend this function. Sorta like the digital tire gauge for mall crawling?

In all seriousness, I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one that would perfer to spend the bucks for a warm hotel room than sleep in some snow. I would hate to exclude people that would be interested in some snow wheeling just because they're not a big fan of camping.

Just my $.02

-Chris

• i guess as long as i am not the only one camping, roughin it in a motel would be ok.

sno wheelin is just too fun to miss.

• sounds like my groups yearly "freeze your arse off run"

we normally hit gwnf mid jan-early feb once a year to do a cold weather trip. last year it never got above 0* during the day, and we got 3-5" dropped on us over night. I love those trips i cant wait for this years.

when your eggs freeze on the way to the pan you know its cold. muahahahah

• I would but the wife and kids would be sleeping in the concrete tent. Remember last November when it snowed and got down to 26* at RC. This year I have better sleeping bags.

• Quote from "1TonTJ"

sounds like my groups yearly "freeze your arse off run"

we normally hit gwnf mid jan-early feb once a year to do a cold weather trip. last year it never got above 0* during the day, and we got 3-5" dropped on us over night. I love those trips i cant wait for this years.

when your eggs freeze on the way to the pan you know its cold. muahahahah

You (or we) have been black-listed. :) I don't think they let you back in the hotel anymore after the radiator/bathtub incident. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Later,

• Quote from "underDAWG"

You (or we) have been black-listed. :) I don't think they let you back in the hotel anymore after the radiator/bathtub incident. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Later,

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH man that was soooo funny. ill have to dig up the pics of that. i think the best part was when i we checked out i told the girl at the desk..... "yeah no one ever came by to fix the shower in my room, and my buddies room had a broken toilet that wasnt fixxed either." she asked what happened.... "uhhh i dunno it just clogged up and black stuff started coming outa the drain" :laughing: She was so apoligetic she wanted to comp us the rooms. i was like naw naw naw thats ok just make sure you fix it. HAHAHHAHAH :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i dont think ive ever been back there since. what matters is that everyone got fixxed and was able to get home that night.

• Quote from "OrangeCrush"

I would but the wife and kids would be sleeping in the concrete tent. Remember last November when it snowed and got down to 26* at RC. This year I have better sleeping bags.

thats what got me thinking about this trip. that was a great trip.

• I just got a new bag. Dick's has the 0*, -10* and -25* bags at 50% off. At least they were this weekend. Depending on the weekend I may go wheeling with you guys.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!