Rubicon Rocker Guards w/side steps

• I was thinking of having side bars added to my stock rubi rocker guards, they have held up well for my type of trail riding, but I would like a side bar.

not interested in bars that bolt to the frame, mainly because I have a 1.25" BL and I don't want to lose the ground clearance.

has anyone tried this, if so how did it hold up.
    I am concerned that they will not have the support for a step.

either welded or having a nut plate welded inside the bar stock and bolt it from inside the cab.

• HAMMER on here has done this. he dosent get on here often. they seem to hold up well. might want to shoot him a PM

standard rockers dont attach to the frame. might be worth giving zach at AtoZ a call. his are a lot stronger than the stock rubi guards but attach the same way (through the body)

• b/c he already has the rubi ones and it would be cheaper and easier to weld on a side step. He says the rubi ones hold up great for what he does.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Search the RoF . 2 or 3 guys have done it over there

• We could do it for $75, plus shipping both ways, but the challenge is that the stock bolts are pretty weak and the tubes really add leverage and could lead to the bolts pulling out. If we can help please let me know.

• We could do it for $75, plus shipping both ways, but the challenge is that the stock bolts are pretty weak and the tubes really add leverage and could lead to the bolts pulling out. If we can help please let me know.

We could easy make a backing plat to prevent this from happening as well. I know you have other ideas going on right now as well, but just thought that I would throw it out there.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!