Lift Advice

• have you ever been into jeeps or rock crawling before? Going to the Rubicon trail has nothing to do with this thread.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• An AEV highline kit and not wanting to spend a lot of money isn't gonna fly. What is your true budget? What are your specific performance goals for the rig?

I want to run 35's on a short arm lift and no body lift. I will plan on doing a tummy tuck but dont know if anything else has to be done because of a TT. i also dont want cheap quality parts but i dont want to have to pay an arm and a leg. i heard somthing about if i will have a heavy bumper and a winch that some ppl went with cherokee front springs, if i do 6 inches of lift would i use cherokee springs for a six inch lift?

• Don't you know that Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket :)

If you go with 35s plus 3.5 - 4.5 inches of life you can kiss any semi decent gas mileage out the window if this going to be your daily driver. So you'll definitely have the added costs of gas to everything you do.

I am running 33s with 1" BL and 2"BB, I do not have a TT. I've spent some money on skids and get about 15-16 mpg and haven't had any trouble at RC except a couple dents in the stock skids which I've replaced since then.

• dude read what people are telling you. you have all this good advice, yet your posting again and again like you didnt read any of it.

Keep in mind, when you go to 35's, you need to address brakes, steering, gears.

alot of good info about this type of stuff on jeepforum.com do a little homework and some research before you go anywhere

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• if you eventually want to do a tummy tuck...a body lift and motor mount lift would help make that a bolt on mod instead of a hope everything clears and the tcase shifts like its supposed to mod

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• Take the jeep to the rubicon stock, 4 wheel it and then see what you really want to do with it... as you really don't want to daily drive a TJ with short arms, no body lift and 35's.... been there done that, bought a volkswagen

• i agree with turtle. you will do more stock than you think. if its your DD dont mess with it too much.

if you are set on a lift go with the 3.5 superflex by rubicon express, paired with a set of 33's that was a great street friendly setup for me.

i then did a 1.25 daystar bodylift and put 35's on, regeared to 4.56 and ended up trading it in on a Scion gas mileage sucked, comfort went away......now i have an FJ cruiser and will be keeping it on 33'a or smaller, and build a TJ with 35's in a couple years as a trail only vehicle

• but.....if your dead set on the AEV kit and 35's, go with the 2.5" OME lift kit. If you don't go AEV you will need at a min. 4.5" lift (including all the goodies, check out the BDS Ultimate kit) plus regear front/rear axles, and depending on wheels and tire width, you may need to change fenders and/or a 1" body lift and/or wheel spacers. Also, your braking ability will be impacted but you can choose to adjust and deal or do a disk conversion. also, your gas mileage is really gonna suck

• but.....if your dead set on the AEV kit and 35's, go with the 2.5" OME lift kit. If you don't go AEV you will need at a min. 4.5" lift (including all the goodies, check out the BDS Ultimate kit) plus regear front/rear axles, and depending on wheels and tire width, you may need to change fenders and/or a 1" body lift and/or wheel spacers. Also, your braking ability will be impacted but you can choose to adjust and deal or do a disk conversion. also, your gas mileage is really gonna suck

A body lift with a RE 3.5 kit is more then sufficient for 35s! a 4.5" and a body lift will not only look goofy but have a lot of wasted wheel well and be top heavy for no reason.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I have an 05 Unlimited (wishes it was a Rubican) with a RE 3.5 and a 1 in body lift. Right now i am sitting on a set of 33s but could easily fit a set of 35s under it and still have plenty of clearance and flex when out on the trails.

Mike

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!