35's and a turdy5

• for the price of upgrading to a 8.8, i thinks its worth it :tup: :tup: ...even though im contradicting myself because threw a D35 back under there, after i trashed my stock D35. but on the other hand, i barely wheel, and run 32's...

but i would upgrade...

• why is that?

Possibly thinking along the lines aof an Aussie or Lock-Right lunchbox style locker? Other then that, the carrier would be replaced. True that the carrier is said to be stronger in an 8.8 then in a D35, but I would not "say stronger for a locker" since more times then not you would be ditching the carrier.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• why is that?

The open carrier in the 8.8 is physically thicker in material thus adding strength. The LSD carrier is made "thinner" to accommodate the increased sized of the clutch pack, spider gear combo. With that said, even the LSD 8.8 is exponentially stronger than the Dana 35.

• 31 and there are custom 33 splines available, but the hard part is finding a carrier or locker to allow for them.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I thought they had custom 35 spline 8.8 kits too.

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• I have not seen any 35 spline kits, but I have the 33 spline ones. I got a Detroit to fit them. Works great. Just a tad narrow.

• Yea, I was wrong about the 35 spline. I saw the 35% increase and must have thought 35 spline. The only ones I could find from Superior are 31 spline. Where did you get the 33 spline one?

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• Alloy isn't doing anything right now... Looks like Motive Gear/ Ten Factory will be replacing them.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!