• I guess just wanted to state an observation that I have noticed since I bought a Jeep and lifted it. It just looked like to me that there were a lot of stuffed Jeeps and wondered if this was for a reason or was this just widely accepted for Jeeps and why? Like I said, in other forms of off road and lifted vehicles the tire-to-lift ratio is much higher. Is it a cost factor, center of gravity factor, preference factor or is my idea way off base. I guess I was trying to check myself against what is accepted,popular and practical.

Just conversation.

John

There is nothing that can't be fixed if you throw enough money at it,

Edited once, last by jonzjeepyj ().

• that's cool. most jeeps (mine included) go through different stages. my jeep alone has been at 6 different heights since the day i bought it - and lately i've been heading towards that "stuffed" look that you are talking about. i had it very tall and found that, even though it made my Y chromosome tingle, it was ridiculously unstable even while driving around town not to mention the off-camber stuff. now that i'm lower i feel it performs much better on-road and off and i still like how it looks. so yeah, i guess it is all about personal opinion as there are pros and cons to each.

• that's cool. most jeeps (mine included) go through different stages. my jeep alone has been at 6 different heights since the day i bought it - and lately i've been heading towards that "stuffed" look that you are talking about. i had it very tall and found that, even though it made my Y chromosome tingle, it was ridiculously unstable even while driving around town not to mention the off-camber stuff. now that i'm lower i feel it performs much better on-road and off and i still like how it looks. so yeah, i guess it is all about personal opinion as there are pros and cons to each.

i agree, thats why they make bump stops, let those tires stuff!!! i've also had like 5 different heights on my jeep....lower with large tires is always better, hence AEV Highline Kit....

• Keith_C Wrote

Take a look through the poser thread Here, I think you will see more Jeeps lifted than stuffed.

I must say, there are some nice looking setups there. I'll have to meet some of you guys some day.

John

There is nothing that can't be fixed if you throw enough money at it,

• not really stuffed bob, just crazy skinny tires.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• No, I think both of your Jeep look balanced. Good Job to both of you.

By the way, I like tall and skinny tires too. LOL

There is nothing that can&#039;t be fixed if you throw enough money at it,

• i know what you're talking about, big tires are cool, but i think you need a proper amount of space between the fender for a jeep to look good. putting 33s on with my old man emu looked stuffed, a 1" body lift did the trick and it looks real good.

• I am just waiting for a pic of mine to show up. :cuss: 31's on a stock TJ would be considered "stuffed " i suppose. New pic tomorrow of the new diamond plate rockers!

:shrug:

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Edited once, last by Deebo ().

• lol i saw the most ridiculous thing today. stock red TJ on 22's with low profile tires. i mean. i just laughed when i pulled up next to this guy...but his "tires" were stuffed to stay on topic.

• there is a kid in a black jeep with bling bling rims that are like 22's or something like that. to each there own.......i guess.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• My personal opinion:
    If you put bling and chromed out accessories on your jeep, you are just as bad as an H2 owner.

• Yeah, don't hate on the chrome... ;D

Back on topic...I think the amount of lift depends alot on the intended use. Hell, I think mine could use to be lowered a couple inches and Jen's TJ w/ 35's is damn near the same overall height as mine w/ 37's but I'm happy w/ hers...

Jesus, after looking at that pic I'm definitely gonna be bringing mine down some...in my eyes it's too tall :shrug:

--Ian

• 2 Examples

Is this the bling Wrangler you saw Greg?

And THIS is too tall

That's a 15" lift on a Grand.....pooooooo :bang:

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!