Big Dogs Spring Fling - June 5-7

• Ok I am back in the right state of mind after all the madness of BigDogs. Well I did get to do V trail (the trail that riped off my steering box) and it was not a disappointment. We did corum all the way up only because Billy wanted to do it :razz: and a half dozen more that the names have slipped my mind.. We are making a name down there for DEJA so next time we need to get some more jeeps involved. Even know the rain sucked on Fri., Sat. more then made up for it.

Yup, what he said. We did Trickle, Winch and something else I can't remember on Friday. The one 'trail to get to a trail' I don't think had a name and right before we hit V-trail it was actually pretty intense. I think there was another trail that we hit that day but I don't know it was, whatever one that runs down to the bottom of Quorum.

Also, I marked the location of one of the trails on my gps. Here's a link to the satellite image of the Big Dogs trails.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl….022008,0.038624&t=h&z=15

and this is the terrain. Most of the real trails run perpendicular to that Mine Spring Road. You can see it's roughly an 800' change in elevation over just a few thousand feet.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl….022008,0.038624&t=p&z=15

• Yup, what he said. We did Trickle, Winch and something else I can't remember on Friday.

it was Wahoo. i think that's where the grand cherokee broke his axle.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• The one 'trail to get to a trail' I don't think had a name and right before we hit V-trail it was actually pretty intense. I think there was another trail that we hit that day but I don't know it was, whatever one that runs down to the bottom of Quorum.

on saturday, i think that was Cobra.

i believe we also did Death Valley on Saturday (where i took on body damage and took out my rear glass) :bang:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Ok I am back in the right state of mind after all the madness of BigDogs.

i'm not. i just got home. we spent a few days hiking some day-trips in the mountains.

i'll try to post up some more details on big dogs when i'm less exhausted and more lucid.

~ JD

• I tried the mud pit again, just can`t seem to get the Skull to the other side. My son and I had a blast. Sean hammered, just a wee bit.

• I tried the mud pit again, just can`t seem to get the Skull to the other side. My son and I had a blast. Sean hammered, just a wee bit.

I think the mud pit is a no go, unless we get a heat wave and dry it up a little :spinrhead: When that boy with the new 47s didnt make the easy side, I had a feeling it was a losing battle

• I think the mud pit is a no go, unless we get a heat wave and dry it up a little

even then, the tire ruts are too deep relative to the center crown. no matter the size of your tires, you will simply high-center your diffs or end up sitting on your belly.

~ JD

• even then, the tire ruts are too deep relative to the center crown. no matter the size of your tires, you will simply high-center your diffs or end up sitting on your belly.

Someone should try it in a dirt bike right down the middle. Assuming they don't get thrown forward as soon as they hit the mud they would have a pretty good chance of making it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!