Anyone know a shop that can balance a 35" cheap?

• Ive called all over and cant find any place that will mount and balance a 35" set of tires for less than $125 bucks which seems high. Anyone have any suggestions?

• I get all my mounting and balancing done at Diamond State Tire on Rt 72. It's not far off
    the intersection of rt 71/72 in Bear. I just had a full size spare (33x12.5) mounted and
    balanced on a rim for $15.00. That included a dismount of an old tire / remount of my full
    size spare that I provided / and balanced. They even threw away the old tire for me.
    Definitely give them a call. Ask for Sam.

Good luck,
    John

There is nothing that can't be fixed if you throw enough money at it,

• delaware tire across from the bob carpenter center (university of delaware) charged me 120 for mine when i had the 35's put on the TJ.. that was to remove, dismount, new valve stems, remount, balance, and put back on. they also got rid of the old tires for me.
    i felt that was a fair price

• hehe another airsoft convert. :) 8oz of airsoft bbs will balance almost any 35" tire (you need more for Interco tires). The downside is you'll have to break the bead on the tires, but if you're having them mounted, it's all in the same process. I used a wonderful friend's shop tire mounting machine and did mine myself. I poured 8oz of airsoft bbs into ziplock baggies and dumped them into the tire right before I finished mounting the tires. I used 1000 .25gram bbs (8.8oz) which was actually a bit more than I needed for my 32s, but it doesn't matter if you have too much, because it's constantly rebalancing itself. The extra stuff doesn't hurt the balance. http://www.innovativebalancing.com/HowItWorks.htm There is a weight chart here: http://www.innovativebalancing.com/BigTirechart.htm This company uses smaller beads, which require a special valve stem, but the weight required to balance is the same for theirs vs airsoft bbs.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I never knew that the airsoft BBs worked i always thought that was a joke.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• I never knew that the airsoft BBs worked i always thought that was a joke.

i used to think it was a gimmick. but no, they do work.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Well ' I have to put my share in.
    I got my tires from Slopar, and they have 4 golf balls in each ,and damb.
    It rides great.Hell I even put balls in my spares! :laughabove:
    That takes care of the balance part. :spinrhead:
    Thanks Steve,
    Love them Bad Boy's :driving:

• Everest auto in Newark will do it for less than that..........unless your tires are interco. Don't think they'll even try

• Ive called all over and cant find any place that will mount and balance a 35" set of tires for less than $125 bucks which seems high. Anyone have any suggestions?

thats proll about right for most shops. you can try Rons tire in wilmington on Nammans road. they do stiff pretty cheap there.

• I'm telling you. Gimme a buzz or I'll pm you my number. I have to charge $4.00 a tire for a fee at work but I'll be doing a set tonight and tomorrow morning. Case o' beer and/or twenty bucks and I'm set.

&quot;Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.&quot;

• Thanks for the Tip.. I stopped in today to get my tires balanced, they were pretty bad, one in particular was horribly un- balanced .. He charged me $10 each. I might try the airsoft thing next time.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Celebrating easter by resurrecting a three-year-old thread? :innocent:

I might try the airsoft thing next time.

Do it. They are amazingly effective. :up:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Can/should this be used for 33x12.5's?

Just picked up a decent used set of BFG AT's yesterday and am looking to get them mounted soon.

with 33s, you might be better off with the conventional balancing. Especially with BFG ATs. I have had a few sets of them over the years and they balance real easy, usually just a few oz needed.

The BB/Airsoft thing is more commonly done on the bigger / harder to balance tires.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!