• Tellico will be likely closed to us soon. i've never been there. is anyone here interested in throwing together a trip while we still can?

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Tellico will be likely closed to us soon. i've never been there. is anyone here interested in throwing together a trip while we still can?

I would do it,i have cousins that live about hour away so if i break i could get it towed there!Lets do this before it closes and gas goes through the roof!

Wayne

• It's not a definite yet...I'd encourage everyone to go here and send a letter to help fight to keep it open!

yes, we should strive to prevent the closing of Tellico. but that is a topic and discussion for another thread. this thread is to gauge interest in a trip.

i'd like to wheel Tellico someday. i now feel a sense of urgency because, despite the best efforts of the four-wheeling community, the powers-that-be could make the decision to close Tellico.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I would do it,i have cousins that live about hour away so if i break i could get it towed there!Lets do this before it closes and gas goes through the roof!

anyone else? c'mon B, you know you want to.

Wayne, even if no one else wants in, we can still do it. if it's to happen, we need to start planning...

~ JD

• I went there two years ago... It was ok, but we did not get to go all over like we had planned. Was not impressed for how long it took us to get there.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I'd be interested. lemme know when. I probably won't pass up Big Dogs for it though.

on the topic of Big Dogs vs. Tellico, i might choose Tellico only for the reason i mentioned previously

i now feel a sense of urgency because, despite the best efforts of the four-wheeling community, the powers-that-be could make the decision to close Tellico.

afaik, big dogs will be there next year. Tellico might not... ;(

~ JD

• agreed, but don't schedule it on the weekends of june 6th or sept 19th. :)

gotcha. i'm looking forward to the Big Dogs spring fling as well

~ JD

• You can thank all the Obama voters for that BS personally. And it is the same BS across the country. What I have never been able to figure out is who are these folks that can now "enjoy" the closed off areas? Agendas at work...

• You can thank all the Obama voters for that BS personally. And it is the same BS across the country. What I have never been able to figure out is who are these folks that can now "enjoy" the closed off areas? Agendas at work...

I am sure this was first on Obama's agenda... let's close tellico ::) This started in 1992 and has slowly spiraled into this.. but face it, OHV is a high impact use, closures will be the norm not the exception. This will be a solely pay to play sport on private land in the next 5-10 yrs no matter who is sitting in the oval office

• I am sure this was first on Obama's agenda... let's close tellico ::) This started in 1992 and has slowly spiraled into this.. but face it, OHV is a high impact use, closures will be the norm not the exception. This will be a solely pay to play sport on private land in the next 5-10 yrs no matter who is sitting in the oval office

Just because it is easy to classify and disregard a statement, perhaps you shouldn't. :) Just because a voter may be ignorant to the consequences of their choice, doesn't mean they are not still accountable for that choice.

One word: "fasttrack" Maybe that's two... Lol Gotta make good on the campaign promises. Same goes for the Employee Free Choice Act (making good on Labor Union support) which is the opposite of Employee Free Choice. The treehuggers will continue to put legislation in front of Congress which is virtually guaranteed a signature by the President. I also believe that you will see the EPA and USFS shift far further to the "left" and abandon all remnants of good science or objectivity when weighing decisions such as land closures or area management. I am no Obama hater, I just continue to not believe in his ability to deliver on his "promises". However, if he succeeds, he is a genius. If he fails, blame Bush.

I do have to disagree on the 5-10 yr statement. A little progress had actually been made, or at least a slowing of the "losses" up until now. Of course with a$$holes like the ones here http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/newsroom/2009/03/closure.shtml your statement may be dead-on. How can folks be so stupid, wait, don't answer that... :doh:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!