Wheeling in the Valley of the Ferns

• Does anyone know where this is...
    http://www.offroaders.com/albu…clear06092006/index1.html
    I came across it during a randon internet search, caused by the mention of the DE Jeep Races, on a recent topic.

I am guessing PA, but wasn't sure if it was a legit or even if it was close.
    looks like a nice trail ride.

• well I googled "valley of the ferns" and its a national park in Portugal. at least thats what my search said.

• well I googled "valley of the ferns" and its a national park in Portugal. at least thats what my search said.

i'm sure that's just a nickname the area has because of the preponderance of ferns

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• alright, after some reading...
    I got the general area down

Clearfield, PA

ok, guys, first let's find out if this place is legal.

and then.... ROAD TRIP!!! :suspicious: :driving: :roll:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• there is a offrhttp://www.offroaders.com// listed on the start of the video may be a good place to start looking for info unlessthey don't want copany :argue:

• if it is legal im in. that is a really pretty area there are some great backpacking trails out there too. i have been out near worlds end, pa and a lot of the roads are gravel to begin with. the trail i backpack on is call old loggers trails. but has no vehical access. but i am sure there has to be something around there to wheel on.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• if it is legal im in. that is a really pretty area there are some great backpacking trails out there too. i have been out near worlds end, pa and a lot of the roads are gravel to begin with. the trail i backpack on is call old loggers trails. but has no vehical access. but i am sure there has to be something around there to wheel on.

i've backpacked old loggers quite a few years ago. beautiful place. at the time there were plenty of logging roads through state forest lands in that area - some of them were pretty rutted with some obstacles, but nothing much more challenging than the equivalent of 'greens'. back then, that was my idea of offroading! :D

~ JD

• Maybe it would be a better trip in the snow then.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Maybe it would be a better trip in the snow then.

oh yeah! i love it when the snow and ice turns the greens into blacks! :spinrhead:

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!