Rear Axle Woes - Dana 35

• I've seen backhoe tires jump pretty high from that. :doh:

Remove the core like surfrider said and push in on the outside of the tire where the bead is not seated.

I'm sure it's not that bad but if that doesn't work, either use a ratchet strap around the out side of the tire to push the bead out or put the tire on a bucket core up and use a little grease in the bead to seal it. It's messy but it works.

Hope some of that makes sense to you.

• 35" trxus jump pretty well too...I got a good dusting from my fire extinguisher on a trail ride a couple years back after wanderlust's itchy trigger finger discharged my extinguisher a little prematurely when I was demonstrating the starter fluid technique :o

Brian - one good trick I learned was to pull the valve core and then shove the air hose directly on the stem w/ no chuck...you get more flow then w/ a chuck. Worst case gimme a call, I've got one of the tools they use for truck tires and if that won't do it there's always the starter fluid in the cabinet.

--Ian

• You guys were right. I just got back from the tire shop they said the core just needed to be taken out and put back in. I figured after all of the replies but I already had the tire loaded in the bed of the truck and I was lazy. :-\

At the tire shop they also recommended one of those valve stem core tools so I am going to try to remember and pick one up next time I'm in for parts.

The root cause was ME (imagine that) incorrectly using Billy's air down thing at RC. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention when he showed me how to use it. BUT the other 3 tires seem fine so hopefully they stay that way!

• I'm looking for the torque specs on the wheel studs. I searched the Internet and found

Tighten 1/2-inch studs to 100 to 120lb-ft.

Last time I searched the web they were way off so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks!

• anywhere from 75 to 100 and you should be fine. Stu's website says 100. http://www.stu-offroad.com/misc/maint.htm

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• The Jeep seems to be road worthy! I took it out and ran it up 896 at 60 mph and she seemed to run just fine. No funny smells no leaks so I think she might be good to go. :up: :driving: :up: ;D ;D ;D

I couldn't have done it without everyones help.

Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!