Pine Barrens trip, May 23rd

• Well, it looks like I might be leading this one, my Jeep should be fixed by then...

This should be a fairly easy trip, but will greatly depend on the water levels. I'm NOT doing any deep water this time. In fact, I'll be taking go-arounds for spots I usually go through. For those interested, but haven't been there before... the NJ Pine Barrens are wetlands. Tons and tons of pine trees, sand and water. A lot of cranberries are grown in the area, too. The trails we drive on are old roads or fire service roads. None are paved, most are just sand with no gravel. Most of them a car can navigate, but the ones we'll be on require a bit more ground clearance and some 4wd. There are also several water crossings we'll go through as well. Bypasses are available for many of them, for you chickens and people with brains. :doh: All in all, it's not usually very difficult if you've got a small lift and mud tires, but it's a nice day in the trails and all it costs is the gas to drive there and the $3 toll coming back over the bridge to get out of NJ.

There was a request to have some night-time wheeling as a part of this trip... I'll see if I can accommodate that. If enough people are in favor of it, we can start in the afternoon instead of morning... get there and start the trails during daylight, but finish when it's dark. I know I've been itching to try out my new reverse light bar. :)

Tow hooks are required and a CB radio would be nice. Also, a fire extinguisher is always handy. If you're running topless or doorless, then bugspray is recommended. :)

Signup thread here: http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=23936.0 You must post there if you want to attend, meeting location and times will be sent out via PM.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Anyone who reasonably cares about their vehicle been here? Good place to take a kid for their first trail ride? How far from Middletown/Newark?

Thanks!

• Crap, if you reschedule for the 24th or 25th let me know. I've got plans for the 23rd but was going to run up there the Sunday or Monday with a friend bringing his family for a light day of wheeling.

Like others have said, just check the depth on some of the puddles before you go through. If you stay off Water Rd most of them are pretty shallow. There's a real deep one near Mt Jemima that ate my transmission too. Hell, half the time I come out of the Pines cleaner than I went in. :)

• We should be able to avoid the extra narrow trails. The only issue is usually the trail to the fire tower, but there are other routes to it.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• yes, my Jeep is dead, but I'll figure something out. Post in the signup thread (link in first post).

Jerry / Whatevah

• there are only 3 people on the signup thread... as it stands now, we could still do the trip, but I don't have a 4wd vehicle. I could ride with somebody, but...

Is anybody still planning on this?

Jerry / Whatevah

• I am if anyone is coming.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• I work till 6PM now on Saturdays, but if this turns into a late afternoon-night run I mite be able to get out of work just early enough to make it. But I would be in my Comanche.

• Well, it's an afternoon ride, so lets shoot for 3pm. location will be in your PM boxes shortly. My XJ might be done in the shop tomorrow, so I'm still up in the air if I'll even be able to drive a car out. *sigh* If I can't make it, omegatheway knows some of the cool trails.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Cancelled.. Too many people dropped out. Like the bumper sticker says, it happens. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!