3.5 RE lift questions

• For a 3.5 RE lift with upper and lower adjustable control arms, and adjustable track bars. what else is needed? brake lines, pit arm, etc. LMK

• For a 3.5 RE lift with upper and lower adjustable control arms, and adjustable track bars. what else is needed? brake lines, pit arm, etc. LMK

Don't need the pitman arm.

May need longer front brakelines. Stock YJ lines work well.

You can get away with just adj. uppers and fixed lowers.

Might need a SYE and new driveshaft depending on your Jeep.

• Shocks. If used, make sure the track bar relo bracket is included as well as longer sway bar links or get some JKS 3-6" discos. I also think you will need brake lines and a drop pitman arm (better drag-link angle) And, you may need an SYE and rear CV driveshaft, depends on your particular jeep. Wait and see but make sure you can afford SYE/CV just in case... I have some like-new JKS discos if you are interested.

EDIT: Good discussion and writeup here - http://www.4x4xplor.com/RE-SuperFlex.html

• I did the 4.5": super flex with 3.5" springs in my 2005 Tj X auto.
    I needed shocks,sye, rear driveshaft, dropped pitman shock relocation brackets and i think that was it.

• What's gained by the drop pitman arm on a 3.5" lift ?

Unless you are using a dropped bracket for the front track bar, you shouldn't use a dropped pitman. Otherwise, all you'll "gain" is bump steer. :doh:

• i have shocks, i think they are long enough. lol
    im getting the kit used, and i already have a TC drop on from a 2" lift so im banking on the lift having lost some height haha
    i have a rear track bar relocation bracket installed already...
    so far just brake lines which can come from a YJ, possibly pit arm drop and SYE/CV
    for the SYE/CV that looks like its going to be 700 or so, does that sound accurate?

• i have shocks, i think they are long enough. lol
    im getting the kit used, and i already have a TC drop on from a 2" lift so im banking on the lift having lost some height haha
    i have a rear track bar relocation bracket installed already...
    so far just brake lines which can come from a YJ, possibly pit arm drop and SYE/CV
    for the SYE/CV that looks like its going to be 700 or so, does that sound accurate?

I wouldn't worry about the pitman arm. They really aren't needed with 3.5 and will just cause bumpsteer as noted above.

You should be able to find a SYE for around $200 and a driveshaft for $250-300.

You will need adjustable rear control arms with the SYE/CV to set the pinion angle.

• I wouldn't worry about the pitman arm. They really aren't needed with 3.5 and will just cause bumpsteer as noted above.

You should be able to find a SYE for around $200 and a driveshaft for $250-300.

You will need adjustable rear control arms with the SYE/CV to set the pinion angle.

Sounds good. I think the Rear uppers are adjustable.

• I know every jeep is different. But just a note on this. I did a RE 4.5 SA lift on mine and did a tcase trop along with it and got no vibes. Granted i also have a MML to because of the BL i installed a year or so earlier. Been driving the heep now for 2 months or so with no problems.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!