skim boarding competition

• so i drove my brother to dewey so he could watch the east coast skim boarding competition this week and i gotta say that before i thought the sport was kind of pointless. After watching them for a day I thought "how hard can it be?" and tried my brother's board out for myself. I gotta give them credit. Apart from what a pound of sand in my swim trunks feels like, I found out that it's a pretty difficult sport. Just thought i'd share...

• Be careful not to jump on the board too hard. You might end up with sandy face or crack and have people on the beach doing this :idiot: :idiot:.

Current Jeep - 2012 JKU Sport - Gibson dual exhaust<br />Gone but full of memories - 99 TJ 2&quot; Skyjacker spacer lift, 32&quot;x11.5&quot; BF Goodrich AT&#039;s, hood mounted hi-lift jack, tow hitch, Reynolds Surf fishing rack

• Word!

My daughter's boy friend was skim boarding and made it look like fun. All I got out of it was a face of sand and soar legs from accidentally doing a split!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I use to be pretty good at it a years ago, but as with everything else, the progression has gotten out of control and the kids doing it now are crazy. If I were to go skim now, I would end up so screwed probably. Eff getting old.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!