New forum member...

• hey All,
    I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been into Jeeps since I got my old TJ in 98. While I had that I picked up an 84 CJ7 that I have modded and rebuilt multiple time since. The TJ got sold when I found out we were having twins in 04 but I have kept the CJ around so the kids could enjoy it one day. The TJ has been replaced with a few grands, a 96 and now a 02. I have been a BMJA member on and off through out the years, but I havent really wheeled the CJ since I did the first RCrocs comp in nov 07. Last november I picked up a YJ tub for the CJ, as the 2nd (79 tub) CJ tub started to rust again, and I didnt want to deal with that. The CJ is now almost done being put back together. This time I am making it more daily driver and kid friendly. It has a full cage with a good bit of work done by zach at a to z. I am picking up a hardtop and full doors, and it has carpeting this time (bed liner in the future someday). Thinking about AC for next summer also. Anyway that was a little background. I'm looking to get back into wheelin a little more as the kids are bigger but the BMJA meetings are too far away to attend. I'm located in Drexel Hill, just outside Phila, so you guys are a good bit closer to me. Hopefully I can get out wheelin a bit more, and possibly attend some meetings if I decide to become a member.
    Kevin

• Welcome fellow Pennsylvanian. :wavey:

The next major run is Big Dogs in Virginia but we always have groups hitting Rausch Creek as well as some other spots.
    I hope to see you around.

• Thanks guys,
    There are some pics of the CJ here. http://mysite.verizon.net/kvarady . It looks the same with the YJ tub, I ended up painting it the same color.

Do you guys know of any legal wheeling in around DE or PA area? I can do Rausch but sometimes thats a long drive...especially in a CJ.
    Kevin

• No legal wheeling in Delaware unless you have a surf tag and hit the beach to fish.
    There are the Pine Barrens in NJ.

We have a trip coming up in October to George Washington National Forest. Check out the Trail Runs & Gatherings Forum for more info.

• hEY Chilli....good to see you made it over from the JU CJ forum. I bought some parts from you once. Met you on Naamans road just off I95 (that was 3 years ago or more).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• John I remember, you bought the CJ windshield defroster vents. How you doing? I see you still have the cj too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!