GWNF Trail Ride: April 29 - May 1, 2005

• Quote from "underDAWG"

I will go if we are running stateline trail. :spinrhead:

Later,

We are running state line trail.......I said so! Can't wait to catch up with you Linyee. LOL

• hey linyee.... i thought stateline wasnt over near where we hit? and on top of that i thought they closed stateline years ago. I may be thinking of a different trail though.

• Hmmm Alan.... I am NOT sure. I haven't been there for two years. The trail is just off I81 and I66 on Route 55 heading towards WV.

Later,

• Would anyone mind a Jersey Jeeper tagging along?? I have never wheeled down there other than Camp Jeep in Charlottesville.

• I think I like the sound of this ride, count me in, too.

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• We've invited members of DE4WD to come along, so this is an open trail ride, the more the merrier! We do have rules about expected conduct and equipment though, so read the rules about trail rides and ask all the questions you have BEFORE the event.

DrJ

• well I think the wife and i are going to go gwnf on wensday night and camp all week if anyone is interested in joining us

• Quote from "DrJ"

We've invited members of DE4WD to come along, so this is an open trail ride, the more the merrier! We do have rules about expected conduct and equipment though, so read the rules about trail rides and ask all the questions you have BEFORE the event.

DrJ

OK thanks, I am a BMJA member, so I didn't think it would be a problem.

Where is everyone camping?

• Camping is on Kephart Run Trail, lots of room and a fun trail to/from the campsite.

Would someone who hoteled it last time please post some places to stay? I think I remember some not liking their hotel, and I'd like to avoid that place if possible.

someone?

anyone?

DrJ

• Quote from "DrJ"

Camping is on Kephart Run Trail, lots of room and a fun trail to/from the campsite.

There's another nice spot right across the highway. Joe and I scouted it out last time before leaving. Right on the water, very scenic. You can sit and watch the Chevy's float by. I think it would only hold maybe 10 tents though, not as large as back on Kephart, but not as far off the road either.

Just FYI

• Here is a link to Hotels in the area. I believe anyone who is going to stay in the hotels should book it very soon because when I called down to a few of these hotes I found out that James Madison University is Graduating on April 30th and Hotel rooms are going quick. My dad rents out his timeshare the first week of May each year because he can get such good rent for it. He said that Hotels as far away as Washington D.C. get booked for this weekend.
    Just a thought
    http://search.netscape.com/ns/…rrisonburg-va-hotels.html
    I think I'm going to stay at the Jameson Inn for a couple of reasons. Its closer to the trail head then where everyone stayed last year, its clean, some what new, not too expensive and the rooms look pretty nice, plus it comes with breakfast. Last year everyone stayed at the Days Inn on Forest Hill Rd and (correct me if I'm wrong) they did not like it. :shrug:
    :wavey: See ya there

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I called down to the Jameson Inn tonight and asked how many rooms we needed to rent in order to get a discounted rate. They informed me that if we booked 10 standard rooms we could get a standard room for $69 a night. That includes either 2 double beds or 1 king bed and the express breakfast. It does not include the rooms with Microwaves and Fridges. Let me know if we have enough intrest and I'll try to set it up. I know FZMax already booked and I'll book one so we only need 8 more. Post up and I'll take care of the details.
    (FZMAX I'm sure I can get you the discounted rate.)
    Brian :peace:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!