opinions on adjustable shocks for tow rigs?

• i'm considering adjustable shocks for the rear of my 2001 Yukon tow vehicle. the yukon has a real nice smooth ride, but i don't like how much it drops when the trailer is hooked up. i'm thinking adjustable shocks are a solution?

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• Don't go adjustable shocks, go with an airbag helper kit. It uses 2 small bags inside the coils to accommodate for the extra weight. Firestone makes a kit for it with the bags and lines, then you have to get a compressor and pick if toy want to install an auto-level control setup or just adjust it manually.

Shocks are there to dampen the suspension, not to make up for an excess amount of weight. Your ride quality won't be the same if you go with adjustable shocks.

The PN for the firestone kit is 4108.

• Summit Racing sell this kit.
    http://www.summitracing.com/pa…Model%7cYUKON&prefilter=1

I have used the air lift setup in a few Motorhomes,Tow Rigs and in a few coil spring drag cars with great results.Cheap and works well IMHO. I know others who Love The Firestone set up as well.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Edited once, last by 92Renegade ().

• Love the Firestone air bags in my Dodge 2500. Easy to put in and they have been trouble free for 6 years. You can also get Timbrem (sp?) overload bushings. I have heard they work real well and they are a lot easier to install. Try doing an internet search for them.

Aaron

• I work with a guy who tows multiple weight trailers with the same Dodge ram 2500 (newer model) and he uses adjustable airbags...I can get the name ofthe manufacturer. He purchased and got them installed at rhino linings and I know they can charge a lot but You may beable to get the kit and either install it yourself or a buddy of your could do it.

He hasn't had a problem and they work wonders...from both mine and his points of view.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!