WJ build

• ok so i am going to start working on my WJ a little bit just to improve its fuctionality, and to give it a better stance.

I have just got 2.5 in springs for my Grand, and i am gonna be throwing them under the jeep sometime soon, but i want to paint them a different color than black. I will be sitting at 4 inches of lift. I am also gonna do a light bar and roof rack. I know that this is nothing special but i figured i would post up the progress and give you all something to look at. I am also thinking of doing some MTR Kevlars on it when i get the lift done. I will keep pics posted as i get things done on it.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• you are going to want a front track bar, an a-arm sparer to save the a-arm ball joint. and some longer shocks, as well as extended sway bar...

a lot of DUB-JAY guys do a rear addco sway bar. and 265/75/16 look great, but your going to want some spacers or new wheels to stop rubbing and give it that good stance....

thats what i get for hanging out in the zj-wj forum at jeepforum too long, dont even have one and knowe the ins and outs of them.

btw teraflex has 4 inch lift springs for the dub jay on clearce right now for 35 bucks a pop, selling the spacers, the shocks, and the 2.5 springs in the classified and getting the 4 inch springs with the right shocks and enmd links and even a track bar, will get you a better ride and will be cheaper in long run...

just an fyi the 2.5 spacers and the 2.5 springs will put you at close to 5.5 inches belive it or not till you wear the springs in. and they will still only settle to about 5 to 4 and 3/4 inches.... which will be rough on the stock arms.
    just trying to help you out getting the best bang fore the buck.

anyway im sure the jeep will loook right on.

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee: <br />4.0L - 4.5&quot; Long Arm - D44&#039;s Locked - 33&quot; M/TR&#039;s <br />XRC 8K Winch - Daily Beater / Offroad Machine<br />1970 Chevy Nova: Rowdy Street Car

• cause till you experance a wj or a nice zj you wouldnt understand. lol

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee: <br />4.0L - 4.5&quot; Long Arm - D44&#039;s Locked - 33&quot; M/TR&#039;s <br />XRC 8K Winch - Daily Beater / Offroad Machine<br />1970 Chevy Nova: Rowdy Street Car

• I think he's talking more about his recent sale of his TJ "I have no choice" to pay off bills. And now we see him making plans to spend money on his WJ.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• yeah, but a rack, lights and Kevlar MTRs will. But, it's not my business, I know I've made dumb decisions :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• cause till you experance a wj or a nice zj you wouldnt understand. lol

Oh I understand. 5 wranglers in 5 years, now my FJCruiser that has totally impressed me. If there is one thing i do understand, it is spending a boat load of money for road worthy "weekend warriors"

As jerry stated, selling a trail worthy 98 TJ for 3500 bucks, to spend $2000 (5 tires, rack, lights) to upgrade a daily driver to a "mall crawler" or "trail worthy" WJ, and have 1000 left for bills does not make sense to me.

I have put about $3,000 into my $30,000 FJCruiser to make it a worthy of blue trails....I should have kept the 03TJ that was ready for blacks, and bought a civic LOL

You know me Omaha, not bashing your style. Just surprised that you parted ways with the TJ for money issues, to build a WJ that is your DD

• Your 03 is stick going strong. I'm trying to get him to trade it in for a 4 door jk rubi.

• I am using most the money to pay off bills whatever is left i am going to put in the WJ. I would have kept the TJ but it needed tires, Front DS and i could not use it 6 months out of the year but still have to have it tagged and insured. Trust me i didnt want to sell it but i know Spedly will take good care of it and it will get used well on the trails. I am not planning on buying all this stuff at once and i am looking around for some deals. the WJ is going to be the last thing to get money.

But i would like to get it built up to how i want in the next year. first is getting shocks track bar and a-arm spacer. i have already sourced out a track bar from Q-tec and found an A arm spacer on another site for way cheap. the MTR kevlars are the last thing that will make the jeep and most likely they never will, as i will prob got with somthing more streetable.

I plan on building a roof rack witha friend so it should only cost me a little bit in steel and beer.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Your 03 is stick going strong. I'm trying to get him to trade it in for a 4 door jk rubi.

I miss that jeep. should have never sold it. Bummer is less than 6 months later, i switched jobs so my travel went from 60 miles each way to 15. At least someone is enjoying it.

I understand your reasoning for parting with the TJ. im sure the WJ will look awesome. good luck with the build.

• IRON ROCK OFFROAD

www.ironrockoffroad.com

is the best parts at the cheapest prices.

if your building it up slowly, look for used or new parts in classifieds you can get them way cheaper if you have patients... i have non so i buy new mostly.

• yeah i am gonna see what i can get from them, cause they have free shipping right now on anything over 100 bucks

• well i just found my shocks and they are under what i had planned on spending.

I originally wanted OME cause of the ride. But i found a set of Bilstein 5100 for $250. The rears are brand new, and the front have only been on a month or so, i just couldnt pass on them. that is well under the cost of 4 new OME, so that means i might not have to wait to lift the WJ. I am hoping to order the A-arm spacer, trackbar, and TC lowering kit next week if i have some good nights at work.

I will say that i hated selling the TJ but now that all my bills are paided off and i have some money in the bank, plus a little extra to play with, life is definietly much more relaxing.

• i know its not much but the shocks are on there way bilstien 5100's hoping to paint the springs this week. i should be able to order the trackbar, arm spacer and swaybar links when i get back from Reno next week.

• yeah the guy told me he would have them shipped by friday. I already have the other suspension stuff picked out at rusty's just have to order them. now i am trying to figure out if i should buy a custom roof rack from a guy on JU or build one with a new friend i made in dover. i am leaning towards building one and going bare bones with it and as i have money making exactly what I want.

• got some goodies in the mail!

now i just have to order the arm spacer and track bar.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!