boat registration

• I'm buying my first boat and I'm not sure what i have to do to get it legit for the water. where do i take it to register? do i have to get something if i take it to the shore?

its a 14' catamaran

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• Is it a Hobie Cat? I've been wanting one now for a while. I did mine online but I believe it can be done at Eastern Marine in Newark!

Good luck

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• right on

yeah i love them lots of fun to sail. i want a bigger one but i can't beat the price.

i'm getting it from a guy in Newark so ill just pop into eastern marina when i pick it up.

i got to start looking up the boat ramps i know of one that gets you into the Christina river but its too small for a motor so anyone know where you can drop into the Delaware. if i remember right i think there is one in new castle

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• I don't know much about the Delaware but, a great place to put in is off of Turkey Point at Elk Neck State park. $100 for a season lets you put in anywhere in Md in any state park or I think it's $10 a day. Charlestown Md has a free ramp but the Wellwood will charge you $8 to park your car there all day!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Bay Boat Works charges $10. They are located right across the water from Charlestown. Just the otherside of northeast on 272. My dad has a house right there and we have a sunfish and little 16 foot O'Day day sailer. You will love the hobbie on the northeast river. Just watch the boom!

• Go to the DNREC office and they will take care of everything you need for the boat. As for the trailer, you must go to the DMV to register that. I don't know where you can launch a sail boat but I did see one going out of the C&D canal at the mouth of the Delaware Bay.

• i was going by what my sister told me and she was wrong it is not a hobie cat its a Boston whaler supercat 17 after 83 they sold the boat design to Aquarius Sail Inc.

17' much happier with the length. no boom its a racing cat and is super light i think i can tow it behind my bicycle. the guy has an over sized sail on it meant for a 19' supercat all rigging is new trampoline is new. has 2 trapeze for each side the guy redid the boat then hurt his back and never could take it out after restoring it. it is not set up for a jib but looking at them online it looks like some have them so i might add a jib if i can find the hardware. it has the grommets on the tramp for the jib cleats so might be able to rig one myself.

man this is going to be a great summer.

• Put in at Towers Rd... Back the trailer up to the edge of the sand and just carry/cart it to the water.

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• I have a 2000 Hobie 16 in very good shape with sails that are completely mint. And a galvanized and tagged trailer to go with it. All for $2,900.

• yeah its not a beach cat as it has tiny thin fragile looking centerboards i don't think i can slide it in off land. but if i can walk the trailer in then i would be OK. the boat is only 650lbs

oh can anyone suggest a trailer wiring harness

• You can put the boat in at Delaware city. They have a nice ramp and leads right to the river if you go to the right. Augustine beach down in port Penn also has a nice ramp the dumps you right into the river, just watch out for the two markers that take into the channel. To the left and right of the markers is a large rock wall/jetty that is submerged at high tide.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• yeah its not a beach cat as it has tiny thin fragile looking centerboards i don't think i can slide it in off land. but if i can walk the trailer in then i would be OK. the boat is only 650lbs

oh can anyone suggest a trailer wiring harness

Centerboards?? You mean daggerboards... I don't think they even have daggerboards (and if they did they are removable)

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• dagger boards thats what i meant im not sure about it being removable when i have the boat in my possession i will have to look
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/in…e=pictures&g2_itemId=2079
    this is what it looks like center on the hull where the shadow is in the picture there is a dagger board about 6 to 12" deep and then before the rudder there is a fin about 6"

• is there a place near battery park to put in?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!