• ...or if I can deal with a 5.9" screen, move to the Nexus 6.

I had the iPhone 6 Plus (5.5" screen) for about 4 days and had to exchange it for the 6 (4.7" screen). Just way too large of a screen for a phone and I was also way to concerned that it would just start bending in half on me while laying on the coffee table at home.

• I had the iPhone 6 Plus (5.5" screen) for about 4 days and had to exchange it for the 6 (4.7" screen). Just way too large of a screen for a phone and I was also way to concerned that it would just start bending in half on me while laying on the coffee table at home.

Why do you lay on the coffee table? Woldnt the couch be more comfortable?

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I had the iPhone 6 Plus (5.5" screen) for about 4 days and had to exchange it for the 6 (4.7" screen). Just way too large of a screen for a phone and I was also way to concerned that it would just start bending in half on me while laying on the coffee table at home.

The bezel has a lot to do with it regarding the screen size to phone size ratio. Notice the LG G3's size even with the larger screen size.

I'm with you that I want a phone and not a phablet.

Hopefully this Google + picture shows up for everyone.

I debated doing the same...

• I'm kind of done with Samsung phones unless they can be rooted and you can change the ROM. Both my wife and I got rid of our Galaxy's and couldn't be happier.

LG G3 is a very good phone. I would go that direction. Personally, I love the Nexus line so I'll either stay with my Nexus 5 or if I can deal with a 5.9" screen, move to the Nexus 6.

I'm due soon.

Admittedly I still don't get the whole rooting/rom thing.

What am I missing by not doing all that?

• Admittedly I still don't get the whole rooting/rom thing.

What am I missing by not doing all that?

Control. I don't like touchwiz on Samsung so I usually install a ROM that is more like plain Android but also has a ton more features. I can change the recovery to allow full Nandroid back-ups. It's basically an image of your current phone state that you can go back to if you lose it or screw something up. Other than that, you can access system files, override wifi tethering restrictions, etc. etc.

Being rooted also allows me to install Xposed framework which lets me install modules that can tweak almost anything on the phone to exactly how I want it....not how Google thinks I want it.

• first google hit about the bending thing was a consumer reports cited article showing that it wasn't any less weak than any other phone out there. the article says the 6 plus is stronger than the 6. it is what it is i suppose.

as for the size of those phablets, yeah i held a 6 plus in my hand at best buy and it took up my entire palm. no way, at first i was hoping for the higher pixel count but I've always held firm that the big phones are more nuisance than are worth it. I really don't think that the apple bashing people who cite the size difference all have a giant phablet anyways, they are just apple bashing to apple bash.

as for the rooting thing, you can root an iphone, too. i'm pretty happy with not ... it tends to be one more thing to maintain ...

• The consumer reports test was flawed because they tried to bend it in the middle. The weak point is where the holes for the volume buttons are on the side. The 6 plus lacks a central i -beam like the note and other phablets have. Apple sacrificed thinness/appearance for structural rigidity and I think they chose poorly.

I personally don't like the phablets but to each his own. I don't dislike the 6 plus any more than a different iPhone.

• Control. I don't like touchwiz on Samsung so I usually install a ROM that is more like plain Android but also has a ton more features. I can change the recovery to allow full Nandroid back-ups. It's basically an image of your current phone state that you can go back to if you lose it or screw something up. Other than that, you can access system files, override wifi tethering restrictions, etc. etc.

Being rooted also allows me to install Xposed framework which lets me install modules that can tweak almost anything on the phone to exactly how I want it....not how Google thinks I want it.

Now I'm really confused.

What is touch wiz?

Guess I don't get it.

I make phone calls, send texts, surf the web, FB... I've never felt limited or forced to do something a particular way. :shrug:

• The consumer reports test was flawed because they tried to bend it in the middle. The weak point is where the holes for the volume buttons are on the side. The 6 plus lacks a central i -beam like the note and other phablets have. Apple sacrificed thinness/appearance for structural rigidity and I think they chose poorly.

I personally don't like the phablets but to each his own. I don't dislike the 6 plus any more than a different iPhone.

yeah, i read the first google post, shame on me. a lot of conflicting info, go figure. i heard people were putting them in their back pocket and they were bending. i've always bought a water proof and shock proof case like lifeproof for mine ... and was pondering not this time :doh:

• It's the skin that Samsung puts on top of the stock Android OS. Billy has become even more of an Android elitist and only runs the stock version. :) I run Nova Launcher instead of Samsung's launcher which doesn't require hacking it and that gets rid of 90% of the Samsung customizations.

• The article is surprisingly well done. Those are good reasons. I have a custom Kernal from Code Blue that coupled with Greenify has given me a couple more hours of battery over stock. I guess I just don't like to "settle".

Keith, Touchwiz is Samsungs user interface.

• I am looking at getting a LG G3. With Sprint upgrade it still comes out to $199. Is that consistent with what other carriers are charging? I just want to make sure I am not getting hosed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!