Best beach drive-on for July 4th fireworks?

• Yes, but last year we watched near the beach drive on entrance, instead of driving further South on the beach down past the Towers.

Biggest difference is they used to launch them from a barge off of Rehoboth.

Ever since the big CF regarding permits for the barge a few years ago, they are launched from the beach now, and I think it's probably on the southern end.

I've got no problem going to the southern end of HP, we won't be in any rush to leave.

• Ranger was in the wrong... and it hasnt been lately we havent had durangos for 3 years. and he shouldnt have let you pull him out its agianst policy... and he shouldnt get stuck he should be good at it since he does it all day everyday..

I work Saturday in the day. Not sure where ill be but ill try to stop by.

It's been several years.

Cool, we will have dogs and burgers on the grill.

• I've got no problem going to the southern end of HP, we won't be in any rush to leave.

It's been over a week since I've been down but it was still closed for the bird nesting. Has that changed?

• "The three plover pairs incubating nests at Gordons Pond suffered some harassment from crows last week, causing the birds to be away from the nest for long periods of time in the morning. However, the last few site visits have shown no crow presence near the nests and all seems to be back to normal, Bailey said, with the first hatch expected on July 3."

• "The three plover pairs incubating nests at Gordons Pond suffered some harassment from crows last week, causing the birds to be away from the nest for long periods of time in the morning. However, the last few site visits have shown no crow presence near the nests and all seems to be back to normal, Bailey said, with the first hatch expected on July 3."

Sounds like they need vehicles driving on that section of beach to scare the crows away. :mrgreen:

• HAHA yeah someone could be in there die'n and we cant drive in there as rangers... Its a federal protected, not state, so there is little (read Nothing) i can do haha. why dont you all drive on at gordons... and wait for a little bit for the rush to leave..

I think the relative phrase there is "a little bit".

• We went out to Assateague last night to watch the OC fireworks. They were a little far away from the drive on beach, but we could see both the downtown ones and the northside park ones. People had a bonfire going, very nice night.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!