Best beach drive-on for July 4th fireworks?

• My wife, kids, & I are likely going to try to get out all day into the night for the 4th this year. Anyone know the best usual spots for fireworks viewing?
    I'm thinking either Herring point, Keybox Rd entrance (just south of Dewey), or the inlet area...

• My wife, kids, & I are likely going to try to get out all day into the night for the 4th this year. Anyone know the best usual spots for fireworks viewing?
    I'm thinking either Herring point, Keybox Rd entrance (just south of Dewey), or the inlet area...

DEJA will have a big group at Herring Point if you want to come out. Hopefully we can muster up another horseshoe tourney.

• I kinda thought the view of the fireworks from there sucked last year, kid was even disappointed. I won't watch them from there again. I think it would be better to be further south closer to Rehoboth.

Only other real choice would be Gordon's Pond, but then you have to spend 2+ hours getting out of Rehoboth.

We will be camping at Cape anyway, so it's a no brainer for us.

• Whoa cowboy :laughing: Do you mean during the fireworks? Afterwards I can understand but there weren't many people fishing during the fireworks and the rangers were very cool about it. What beach are you working? :innocent:

• Whoa cowboy :laughing: Do you mean during the fireworks? Afterwards I can understand but there weren't many people fishing during the fireworks and the rangers were very cool about it. What beach are you working? :innocent:

Dont worry , he only tickets Non-Jeep vehicles.. We got a cop in our pocket :mrgreen:

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• We had one of the DH's kick us off one of those beaches one night.

And I had the card that came with the tag clearly showing it was a 24 hr beach.

• yeah i have to say that i liked watching them from key box a few years ago. plus you can see deweys.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• that or someone privately spent alot on personal ones.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I work at Delaware Seashore but Herring is a 24hr beach. I dont know why a "DH" kicked you out??? He Shouldnt have.

Funny part was after he told us we had to leave, we started packing up our stuff and he headed toward the ramp and got his Durango stuck. :laughing:

We took our time and watched with delight as he tried to get free. Yeah, I'm Sick-n-Twisted.

About the time he got his little shovel out and started digging we were packed up and headed for the ramp.

We could have probably squeezed by him and been on our way, but we did the right thing and yanked him out.

It was worth it to have to move to another beach for that show. :innocent:

• And I probably shouldn't have lumped you all into the DH category, I apologize for that.

What really pissed me off was that he treated us like we had blatantly and knowingly broken the law.

Even after I produced the State Park issued card showing it was 24 hr, he still had a nasty attitude.

Anyway, enough of that.

You working Sat.? We will be just north of Faithful Steward. Will be hard to miss us.

• I kinda thought the view of the fireworks from there sucked last year, kid was even disappointed. I won't watch them from there again. I think it would be better to be further south closer to Rehoboth.

I thought Herring point was the furthest point south before the Rehoboth public beachs?

• Thanks for the update, looks like either place will work fine for the show then! I have a feeling we'll be heading out onto Herring point since it's a little closer to home (Harrington).
    I'm wondering if we need to get there super early in the a.m. to get a spot for the entire day/night or should we be safe coming on a little later in the afternoon?
    Sorry for all the newbie type questions! We hit the beaches almost everyday we're off so we're fully versed there, but have always gone to Dover for the 4th of July.

• Thanks for the update, looks like either place will work fine for the show then! I have a feeling we'll be heading out onto Herring point since it's a little closer to home (Harrington).
    I'm wondering if we need to get there super early in the a.m. to get a spot for the entire day/night or should we be safe coming on a little later in the afternoon?
    Sorry for all the newbie type questions! We hit the beaches almost everyday we're off so we're fully versed there, but have always gone to Dover for the 4th of July.

It doesn't seem too bad until later. If you hit Herring, look for a flag pole on the front of a Jeep with an American flag over a DEJA flag.
    There's always room. :beer:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!