DEJA Trail Ride: Big Dogs Main Jambo, Sept. 10, 11, 12

• I just realized that this is approaching fast and wanted to start a thread. I have already pulled Vacation for this weekend. Was seeing who all is going! This will be my first time making it down there.

Linked to Calendar: KnoxRents

• This will be my first time making it down there.

i've been on the fence about this one, but if you are going, it might help sway my decision.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I was thinking about posting up. I was on the Big Dogs site today just getting syked up for it. I'm blowing off a friends wedding, and Sandy's high school reunion for it. Probably won't be riding in August due to work, so I'll really be ready. I'll be camping Thurs, Fri, & Sat night, driving home Sun. a.m.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• I am very doubtful for this one unfortunately because my wife scheduled a camping trip for my birthday not realizing that I would much rather be at Big Dogs. ;(

The last I had heard, Quadratec was spending some money on this even in the form of a big tent, DJ, etc. The mud pit is supposed to have some big boys it which means they may make it half way through this time. :laughing: So Geoff is probably right in that this one will be a big one and registering early is not a bad idea.

For those that haven't been to one of these....it's well worth it. :up: :up:

• I am very doubtful for this one unfortunately because my wife scheduled a camping trip for my birthday not realizing that I would much rather be at Big Dogs. ;(

The last I had heard, Quadratec was spending some money on this even in the form of a big tent, DJ, etc. The mud pit is supposed to have some big boys it which means they may make it half way through this time. :laughing: So Geoff is probably right in that this one will be a big one and registering early is not a bad idea.

For those that haven't been to one of these....it's well worth it. :up: :up:

You suck.

Oh well, guess we won't have to worry about getting pulled over when you skip the weigh station this time. :laughing:

I've already got this blocked off on my calendar, doing it the same as last time as that worked nice...FYI leaving N DE lunchtime-ish works pretty well as you beat the crowd into the campground and get parked/unloaded/setup before dark.

--Ian

• Hi guys n gals, so i tried emailing bigdogs but it keeps getting rejected, i am a little confused on the pricing listed, will it be $110 or $150 for the weekend if anyone knows? Its late at night thats why i am asking here i am going to try to call the phone number tomorrow and hopfully that gets me somewhere.

Thanks

• It's $75 for the wheeling and then something like $40 for the whole weekend of camping (not per night).

i think it's $35.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• i think it's $35.

also, to further clarify for anyone bringing a passenger: the $75 is per vehicle paid to Big Dogs ($78 if using paypal). the $35 is per person and paid to the campground upon arrival.

~ JD

• Yup, the Big Dogs site has $40.00 per person as the grounds use fee, $10.00 if you're under 3 feet tall. (damn it, I almost made it!). Unless something has changed, this fee is collected even if you are staying off the property.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• I am pretty sure I got nailed for $40 this Spring.

i stand corrected. :o

but i'm pretty sure i'm right about the other stuff... :innocent:

~ JD

• Unless something has changed, this fee is collected even if you are staying off the property.

right. rebecca and i motelled it last september when it was raining. the $40 (FORTY) is a land-use fee, meaning it is a fee for using the Cove's property whether it be for camping, wheeling, or both.

~ JD

• So im looking at $115 for the weekend per rig, plus more if its more than just the rig and driver!

correct. not bad for three days of wheelin' and a great campground!

~ JD

• Hey Fella's, we are planning on attending the Spetmeber ride here too. I was also curious if anyone is going down for the August 13, 14, 15th Super Lift event? Be cool to see some familiar faces.

Mike & Audra
    Big Blue

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!