DEJA Trail Ride: Big Dogs Main Jambo, Sept. 10, 11, 12

• If it's not too much trouble, maybe you could bring a check for the (3) JFJ t-shirts you ordered last December and have never paid for.

Just give Ian the check for $19.50 and he can give you the shirts. :up:

• At present "B" Branden, "naughty" Vickie, and I are going to be in the Kent Island area around 12:30 - 1:00 p.m. on Thurs. if anyone wants to meet up with us.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• At present "B" Branden, "naughty" Vickie, and I are going to be in the Kent Island area around 12:30 - 1:00 p.m. on Thurs. if anyone wants to meet up with us.

Randy

I'd like to caravan with you guys, but I'm pretty sure the earliest I could arrive at the Kent Island McDonald's will be 1:00 on Thursday. I'll pull my son out of school at noon and hit the road. Will have my CB on channel 4, but let's also exchange phone numbers. Mine: 302-270-4884.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• We can definitely drag our feet a little and meet at 1:00 or a little later. McDonald's is ok with me, I mentioned Holly's to Vickie, McDonald's is probably better. Can't wait!!

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's

• Is anyone else planning on bringing a grill, or are we cooking on the fire. I'm bringing a precooked beef roast which can be heated up on the fire and I have a cooking rack to do dogs or burgers on the fire. What else do we need?

Randy

• Am planning on some cold food, like sandwiches, and also purchasing some food from the vendor(s) that I'm told are there. If necessary, are there restaurants close by?

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• I'll at least have my grill and table...along with a fullsize tank this go round. We may have both, Geoff and I have to work on logistics, apparently the bimmer is better at picking up ladies then it is at hauling camping gear. :mrgreen:

More importantly: Geoff, you got plenty o sweet 'tea'? :suspicious:

--Ian

• ... and also purchasing some food from the vendor(s) that I'm told are there...

don't count on that. the attendance of on-site food vendors is sporatic.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• If necessary, are there restaurants close by?

it depends on your definition of 'close'. ;D the closest little family-style diners are about 25 minutes drive. (fyi, the little place at the top of the hill has a strange vibe that kinda weirded us out.)

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I'll at least have my grill and table...along with a fullsize tank this go round. We may have both, Geoff and I have to work on logistics, apparently the bimmer is better at picking up ladies then it is at hauling camping gear. :mrgreen:

More importantly: Geoff, you got plenty o sweet 'tea'? :suspicious:

--Ian

I'm still in FL but I'll make a liquor store run tomorrow probably. I'm contemplating bringing back an old school recipe from college that's even more evil than sweet tea...not sure yet... :innocent:

• I'm gonna do a bag of spuds on the grill tomorrow night to bring along and a whole lot of bacon and scrambled eggs for egg burrito breakfast. How many people are we up to now? Is that a little better than beer and marshmallows?

• Sounds great Dee! I'm also gonna bring some dogs, rolls, and beans. I'm not sure of the head count.

Randy

• I can throw in some stuff for on the hotdogs and plenty of rolls. I have my big iron camp griddle, do we want that? It works pretty well for cooking most anything. And I'm determined to brew a good pot of camp coffee this time - in a campfire.

• Whoohoo! You know me, if you keep talking about it I'm going to have to join you! Joseph and I will be heading out Friday after school so expect us there around 6 I guess. I figured if at least one other kid is coming, we're not crashing the party! We will need shotgun and a back seat for riding though if anybody minds us as passengers. And I'll try to come up with something yummy for Sunday breakfast on the coals.

Is this about right for the headcount?

B (+1)
    shorebird
    Stafford
    clendaniel (+1)
    95wrangler4life
    Big Blue Blazer (+1)
    astape (+1)
    2000sahara
    J-Man
    Anx1ous
    Solomi
    Chief57 (+2)
    Daddaelena
    naughty
    RedOliver
    joshill (+1)

• You can add Jump150 to the head count. I'm riding with Aaron.. but dont be expecting Sean level of craziness from me! No one can touch Sean's level of quotable material.

Don

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!