Help at Sunday Meeting

• Hopefully someone will have a few minutes to take a quick ride with me around the parking lot on Sunday so that they may be able to help diagnose a noise for me. It sounds like it is coming from the front passenger side wheel area and usually happens at slow speeds going over/down/up a dip or bump. I just had new u-joints installed so I am thinking that that is not the issue. To me it almost sounds like something that should compress smoothly (and quietly) needs fluid to make it work properly :shrug: Chris (Quandra71) was going to take a look at it the other week but had to bail due to a sick little one so any help on Sunday would be way appreciated. Thanks. - Kevin

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• hey kevin, it's me - quandra :doh: ,
    i have off tomorrow if you want to try and look at it again. not sure of your work schedule though. otherwise i'm sure everyone can all crawl around/under it before the meeting.
    let me know,
    chris (cell's in the member's section)

• Quote from "ying"

Chris (Quandra71) was going to take a look at it the other week but had to bail due to a sick little one

Sick little one??? Uhhhhh....does ying know something I don't know??? Chris' dog wasn't sick, and the Cherokee was running fine....not sure what little one could have been sick. :shrug:

• Thanks Chris (think I spelled that correctly...that is why computers have spell check, right :doh: ). Won't be able to do it tomorrow, I am on call so I would hate to get started and then have to bolt. I am thinking with all the "club experts" :up: it won't take long :spinrhead:

• no problem kevin...just trying to help. see you at the meeting.

oh, and...

Quote from "Icky"

Sick little one??? Uhhhhh....does ying know something I don't know??? Chris' dog wasn't sick, and the Cherokee was running fine....not sure what little one could have been sick. :shrug:

pssst - ying's little one ;)

• Hey, I trying to make the meeting as well and maybe you can tell me what my noise is too. It is the same thing, I torqued down the track bar to factory specs, checked all the u-joints, the wheels bearings seem tight as do the ball joints and TREs. I gave up because it doesn effect how it goes down the road at all but I would love another set of eyes to look at it.

• Whoa Icky....first things first...remember you just got the ring :spinrhead: My little one was sick :down: so I couldn't make it over to the house.

• Quote from "ying"

Chris (Quandra71) was going to take a look at it the other week but had to bail due to a sick little one

That caught my eye too, glad we got that cleared up. :hmm:

• I guess forgetting an I can make a statement quite confusing :peace: and have a totally different meaning.

I knew what I meant :doh:

• Quote from "Icky"

I got it now! Just a phrasing issue :)

I can't help it if I never know who has appointments at Chris' garage anymore! :folded:

His modifier was dangling...

That caught my eye as well. I figured you would have known if you had a kid but the thought of "the best kept secret in DEJA history" did run through my mind. :hmm: Some members may have thought, "Ah HAH....now we know WHY she got a ring..." but not me. I just figured Chris had some cousin or nephew he was taking care of. Even though he's from Minnesota I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. :folded:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I definitely need to read my post better before hitting that submit button :laughing:

• since it sounds like we are gonna turn the pre-meeting time into "2 guys garage" ............ Im gonna bring the 87XJ with the messed up wheel wobble after hittimg bumps. will bring floor jack in case needed. will be there early.

1989 cherokee

• let me know what the problem is i have a rattle in the front of my eep that bothers me. i really wish i coudl make the meeting but this weekend i am going away with the Gf.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Quote from "1989Cherokee"

since it sounds like we are gonna turn the pre-meeting time into "2 guys garage" ............ Im gonna bring the 87XJ with the messed up wheel wobble after hittimg bumps. will bring floor jack in case needed. will be there early.

1989 cherokee

me personally i'd be careful with what we do there. a couple of guys looking around a jeep is one thing...but if we get into jacking up and playing around we may find ourselves out of a meeting spot.
    chris :peace:

• I agree. The wrenching should be left for someone's driveway or garage. Obviously riding around listening for noises and that sort of thing is fine, but we shouldn't impose on the Lobby House by using their parking lot to wrench in.

• yeah I dont want to do that.... one of the managers of lobby house is already pissed off at me for another group I attend meetings there for. but thats another issue. I wasnt thinking when I said that.

1989Cherokee

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!