4wd light not coming on? Help?

• I recently had the clutch replaced on my TJ. I hadn't put it in 4wd until recently, so I don't know if maybe they disconnected something and didn't reconnect it or what. The 4wd light that illuminates in the instrument cluster when 4wd is engaged is not coming on. Is there something that I need to check or replace to get this to work again? Thanks!

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• I'll go out a little later to climb under it and look. Where is it located on the tcase?

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• I'll go out a little later to climb under it and look. Where is it located on the tcase?

The speedo is on the tail housing and I think that the 4wd switch breaks off from the same harness so if you follow that back towards the front of the Jeep, you should be able to feel whether it is attached. (It may be tough to fit your hand in there. I forget.) It's on the front half of the t-case if I'm remembering it right.

• Thanks a lot for the info Bill! I'll go check it out later. :beer:

• The speedo is on the tail housing and I think that the 4wd switch breaks off from the same harness so if you follow that back towards the front of the Jeep, you should be able to feel whether it is attached. (It may be tough to fit your hand in there. I forget.) It's on the front half of the t-case if I'm remembering it right.

Up on top.

• up top on the drivers side

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!