someone left my xj on bricks last night

• all four of my 31" M.T. baja cllaws and 15" black rock crawlers where stolen off my 89 xj that i have been trying to sell..

thanks thieves.

• That sucks.

I have a a pair of 31" generic tires on stock YJ/XJ rims you are welcome to have. The rims have been painted black. I also have another 31" on an older jeep rim.

They're not pretty, but will at least start getting you back to rolling.

Mike

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

• thanks i might take you up on that. doesnt look like the shop owner where my jeep was is going to help me at all.

• If it was at a shop, totally 100% their responsibility to make it "whole", "right", etc. I would get cops/insurance involved if they bulk at the idea.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• If it was at a shop, totally 100% their responsibility to make it "whole", "right", etc. I would get cops/insurance involved if they bulk at the idea.

X2

My dad and I used to have a shop in downtown Dover (If that's not self explanatory enough...). We had numerous break-ins and vandalisms and in the end WE ALWAYS had to end up taking the hit for it. Their insurance covers all of that kind of stuff. (as long as they DO have the proper insurance... Which is not always the case). Like ying says, get the police/insurance involved, that will make them buck up and pay.

Good Luck

• looks like he had it parked outside he gates the night it happened, so his insurance doesn't cover. Just found out they ransacked the inside too. no broken windows.(someone had the keys) i think it was an inside job. i am going down there today with my pop. we will see how that goes. i cant wait to find out who took them.

anybody sees Mickey thompson baja claws 31" with old white paint inside two of the tires treads. email me the location. I promise it will be a quick response.

• looks like he had it parked outside he gates the night it happened, so his insurance doesn't cover. Just found out they ransacked the inside too. no broken windows.(someone had the keys) i think it was an inside job. i am going down there today with my pop. we will see how that goes. i cant wait to find out who took them.

anybody sees Mickey thompson baja claws 31" with old white paint inside two of the tires treads. email me the location. I promise it will be a quick response.

Tough sh*t on his part. They are screwed if you get your insurance company and the cops involved, particularly since the actual building was broken into as well. Clearly they did not exhibit proper care while your XJ was in their possession. Accept nothing less than 100% replacement even if the business has to pay "out of pocket". That is some BS right there...

• Not trying to rub salt in your wound, but did you have wheel locks?

Mike

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

• yup i had wheel locks and the used the key. That is why i think it was someone at the shop. Because they didn't break any windows or glove box to get wheel lock key. I am sure someone had the keys to get inside and get everything. I am trying to get some finger printing done of the inside. Just ridiculous. been going to this mechanic for 15 yrs and my dad has known him for longer and to do this. Extremely frustrating. I mean i was just in an accident at this beginning of this month and lost my wrangler and now this. WTF! i wish i wasnt so banged up because i would be handling this situation a lot differently.

• yup i had wheel locks and the used the key. That is why i think it was someone at the shop. Because they didn't break any windows or glove box to get wheel lock key. I am sure someone had the keys to get inside and get everything. I am trying to get some finger printing done of the inside. Just ridiculous. been going to this mechanic for 15 yrs and my dad has known him for longer and to do this. Extremely frustrating. I mean i was just in an accident at this beginning of this month and lost my wrangler and now this. WTF! i wish i wasnt so banged up because i would be handling this situation a lot differently.

Just tell your insurance company you are filing a claim, and the situation around it. They should do all the work for you from there. :innocent:

• I think that I would have had the cops show up with me when I went or called them after the shop told me it was not there problem. It is there problem because you left it in their possession. It doesn't matter that they were stupid!

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• yeah cops are not really helping out at all. they didnt even want to dust the inside for prints even though the thieves clearly got inside the glove box. the shop owner has been a reall a$$. just trying to get it back and get it sold. only asking 1200 now.

• That sucks

I would defiantly contact your insurance co, they will contact the owner and more than likely get things straightened out. I find this odd cause this is a good way to never see a customer or any of there friends again. The only way that I could see this not being there fault is if the vehicle was finished and not picked up in a timely manner. But even then I would think a shop would make an attempt to keep a good customer.

And Which did you contact county or state police, most break ins we have, which arnt many, the State police respond and they at least make an attempt.
    I would defiantly be watching cragslist for the surrounding area too.

• yeah cops are not really helping out at all. they didnt even want to dust the inside for prints even though the thieves clearly got inside the glove box. the shop owner has been a reall a$$. just trying to get it back and get it sold. only asking 1200 now.

Small claims court. Costs you next to nothing and shows you are serious. F the shop owner... What shop is it so we can all start posting about them on the Internet? :innocent:

I thought they could only get prints on hard surfaces. Texture of interior would make it very difficult to get a good print.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I thought they could only get prints on hard surfaces. Texture of interior would make it very difficult to get a good print.

You can forget about CSI coming out to your Tire and wheel theft and taking prints, photos and spraying Luminol looking for DNA evidence. Unless its a big theft, someone is murdered or raped your not worth the cost. Oh and the MAC machine camera across the street can not be zoomed in to identify a tattoo on suspect.

File a suit in small claims, get the police report and the report # of the other thefts that took place. Watch a bunch of re-runs of Judge Judy and prepare your case. Show up and prevail!

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!