Continuing Connectivity Problems

• I was online on Monday when it happened and did my best to track it down. Couldn't find a thing wrong with the server, seemed to be more of a network problem with the datacenter. Probably a switch since my other server there seemed to be fine. I think the contract is up for renewal next month, I'll look around for another low cost dedicated host. There aren't very many good ones. lol

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Just have to grin and bear it... I've got a ticket open with the network people, it's in their hands to figure it out.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• One thing to consider is to move the domain to 1and1.com and drop godaddy. I do all my hosting through 1and1.com and have had zero issues.. Also 1and1 is out of Chesterbrook, PA so the servers are actually very close by. Just a thought.

http://1and1.com

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Actually, that's what my plan is... 1&1. one of the larger accounts from them that doesn't limit the number of domains I can host. But my dedicated server contract that I'm paying $$$ for doesn't expire until September. So I'm letting their network techs deal with it. If it doesn't get fixed by next week I'm gonna try to get an early cancellation and refund.

Fwiw, we're not using godaddy for anything except the domain registration. I rent a dedicated server in St Louis that hosts DEJA plus a few other sites.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Actually, that's what my plan is... 1&1. one of the larger accounts from them that doesn't limit the number of domains I can host. But my dedicated server contract that I'm paying $$$ for doesn't expire until September. So I'm letting their network techs deal with it. If it doesn't get fixed by next week I'm gonna try to get an early cancellation and refund.

Fwiw, we're not using godaddy for anything except the domain registration. I rent a dedicated server in St Louis that hosts DEJA plus a few other sites.

Not dedicated physical hardware but...I've had excellent luck w/ Linode VPS's

• Not dedicated physical hardware but...I've had excellent luck w/ Linode VPS's

Thanks Ian. I'll keep them in mind for the future. I'm actually going to downgrade to a reseller-ish account, instead of a dedicated box or resource like a VPS. I don't do hosting anymore, so a reseller account is fine by me.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!