Gear issue...I think

• ok, so my house is on a hill....good for drainage, bad for parking. Normally, I park the Jeep in the garage which is flat. Today, I had to run in the house for a second and parked it on the driveway, which is on a 45 degree angle (ish). I left it in 1st gear (it's a 6 spd), with the hand brake on. I thought I felt it lurch, so I got out and watched it for a minute. Sure enough, after a couple minutes, it rolled back about a half inch and then stopped again. I know the hand brake won't hold it at that angle, but seeing as how it was in gear, it shouldn't be rolling like that, should it? Thoughts?
    Opie

• ok, so my house is on a hill....good for drainage, bad for parking. Normally, I park the Jeep in the garage which is flat. Today, I had to run in the house for a second and parked it on the driveway, which is on a 45 degree angle (ish). I left it in 1st gear (it's a 6 spd), with the hand brake on. I thought I felt it lurch, so I got out and watched it for a minute. Sure enough, after a couple minutes, it rolled back about a half inch and then stopped again. I know the hand brake won't hold it at that angle, but seeing as how it was in gear, it shouldn't be rolling like that, should it? Thoughts?
    Opie

Compression in the engine is being overcome by the weight of the Jeep. Get your parking brake fixed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!