If interested in a CJ

• There has been a bright yellow CJ sitting at the small used car dealer in Rt 13 and 16 in Greenwood for some time now. It has $3995 on the windshield. Hard top/hard doors and no rust that can be seen from the raod (unlike the scrambler sitting just north of Seaford at that dealer). Really surprised it has been there this long. Must have some other issues :shrug:

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• For a mint condition CJ that's not a bad price.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• ive seen that one and the scrambler. the scrambler is junk hah the guys wants like 12k for it. that yellow cj looks pretty nice ive never gotten out to look but im thinking bondoed body damage really bad or something is mechanicly wrong. thats my guess its been thier for atleast 2 months

• Oxymoron.

No way to tell what condition a vehicle, much less a CJ is in "from the road".

Need to crawl underneath and maybe take an ice pick along if you can get away with it.

Yeah but that's a relative point to go by. Typically, a CJ that's in perfect condition, like it just came off the show room floor could bring as much as $5K to $6K. But it better be absolutely perfect. You're not going to find that unless you buy it from Collins Brothers. For $4K, it should be pretty nice. I'd say good body and frame with no rust or Bondo, running well, OK paint but doesn't have to be perfect. Don't get sold on a fresh paint job. Take a magnet with you to check for Bondo repairs. Inspect the frame in the typical rust areas.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• agree with quadna on this one. "perfect" cj's are going in the $20k's all day long. good runners can be had for under $10k easily, as long as you are willing to do the work on them.

$3995, looks good and has been sitting for 2 months, there has to be something severe wrong or missing on it

• $20K? Maybe if it was professionally restored. Still would have trouble paying that much.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!