WTB a car

• Hey everyone. I'm trying to get ahold of a small car to be used as a daily driver. I have about $1500 to spend. Doesn't have to look perfect just need the engine and transmission to be in good operating condition.
    If anyone has anything or knows of anything anywhere some information would be greatly appreciated.

• For $1500 its gonna be hard to find a really "reliable" car. If you look on Craigslist you can find plenty for that price but not without some quirks being rust, high mileage, or the "mechanics special". I'll keep my eyes out for you though.

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• For $1500 its gonna be hard to find a really "reliable" car. If you look on Craigslist you can find plenty for that price but not without some quirks being rust, high mileage, or the "mechanics special". I'll keep my eyes out for you though.

For the most part, yes, but there are some safer bets though...mostly w/ the various import brands. My beater civic isn't a beauty queen but all told I don't have too much more than that in it, haven't had issues, and wouldn't hesistate to put it back into DD duty for my 130mi/day commute...I just like driving my prelude more.

To the OP: I wanted to get a bit more for it ('98 Civic HB, 5spd, a/c, ~160K) and was likely going to package the rest of the parts I had for it along w/ it but for a DEJA member (yes, I'm not above pimping memberships :innocent: ) that wanted it I'd likely go $1500 and just sell the rest separately...PM me if there's interest.

--Ian

• Yea I already tried that. It's a lost cause. I tried to teach her when I had my mustang and now with the jeep. But I do agree 100% it is definetly something everyone should know because you never know when u might have to drive someone's car.

• Yea I already tried that. It's a lost cause. I tried to teach her when I had my mustang and now with the jeep. But I do agree 100% it is definetly something everyone should know because you never know when u might have to drive someone's car.

Yeah, I know it's easier said than done. :doh:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!