Good deal on onboard air compressor.

• It looks like a pretty good deal. Unfortunately a majority of the poor reviews all stated that the fuse box melts completely and the wiring will sometimes smoke. I guess as long as a person takes the time to replace the wiring and fuse box with a heavier duty version (which probably isn't all that difficult) then it might be a pretty good "airing up" alternative. At the very least it would be lighter than dragging around my 20# cylinder and less involved than installing a belt-driven onboard air system.

• I have the exact same compressor I got from Pep Boys a few years ago. It's been reliable for me.

They mention "High Volume" though. That's a load. It's a good compressor but it's far from high volume.

• I <3 this air compressor. If you try to air up more than 2 vehicles without letting it cool down it does get very hot and my fuse box is a little distorted but with one set of 33's (and I'm pretty sure 35's would be fine too) it has been rock solid. I like that it has the screw on attachment so I can put it on a tire and walk away to attach the sway bars or whatever. No need to hold it on. There is a big thread on jeepforum with people raving about this compressor.

• I <3 this air compressor. If you try to air up more than 2 vehicles without letting it cool down it does get very hot and my fuse box is a little distorted but with one set of 33's (and I'm pretty sure 35's would be fine too) it has been rock solid. I like that it has the screw on attachment so I can put it on a tire and walk away to attach the sway bars or whatever. No need to hold it on. There is a big thread on jeepforum with people raving about this compressor.

^ what he said

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I wonder if it was a one day sale, it is showing 79.95 on the link now.

yes, I think it was one of their Gold Box deals.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!