lift kit and SYE HELP

• What kind of lift? And jeep? I know zero about a tj or jk... well, not enough I would say I could "help" anyhow lol

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

• my bad its a 4 inch rough country lift for my 1995 wrangler yj. and it would be at my place around prices corner right outside of elsmere. and the date is really whenever someone can help cause im off this week

• jeepkid sad that cause the bolts are put in before the gas tank is set in so when you take those bolts out that hold the spring you have to cut them with a sawzall and then when you put the new bolts in slide them in with the head of the bolt pointiong ouwords. it was something that held me up when i put my 4 inch lift on. the lift rough country supplies is really easy but go buy some pb blaster and start spraying your transmission skid bolts and spray every bolt that you know you will have to take off it will make the lift go way smoother in the long run and well worth it. if i lived closer to you i would come help

• Depending on if I can keep the YJ running or not, I may be able to help out a few nights. I'm off work at 3ish so lemme know. I got tools and 2 extra hands. No knowledge of installing lift tho... But willing to help. Numbers 302750-0338

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Still trying to figure out y u would drop the skid plate for a lift kit? (Then I read the post about the sye, but it was AFTER said posts...) drop the whole case, and the springs r cake once u get all the ubolts and spring bolts loose. U get a drop pitman arm and longer brake lines with this kit?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Mats101 it would be better if you went with extended brake lines instead of the extenders. You can get a good pair of stainless ones like russell for a decent price. Then you wont have to worry about stretching them to far or breaking them.

• yeah i might do that down the line but i just want to get the lift on been putting it off for along time lol. and do you know how to put a sye on??

• Fwiw, the SYE will take about as long as the lift... you usually can't do both in one weeknight unless you have one person dedicated to the SYE and have all of the tools for it ready. Assuming that you're doing a full SYE and not a hack-n-tap... I have no experience with those. I'm working every night this week so I can't help, otherwise I'd do the SYE part for you. You'll need sockets for the yoke nuts and the two sets of lock ring pliers. Maybe a puller if you have a balancer on the output shaft (I don't think YJs have those, though).

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Edited once, last by whatevah ().

• How quick the SYE goes depends too on whether you pull the case or do it with it installed.

If it's your first time, you will want to take it slow.

Do you have a new driveshaft ?

• well im off all week so it can take as long as possible lol and i was just going to try to take it out so its alittle easier to learn how to do it myself. and i do have a new driveshaft

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!