Lift Kit and Waving Question

• First off, I just purchased a 4" Rough Country suspension lift, I was wondering if somewhre in the near future (after spring break) if anyone would be willing to come by and help me put it on. Im new to the whole modification thing and I don't want to mess it up. As usual, I will provide beer and food to anyone who helps (or money if you want). I'm in Newark.

The waving question, do you have to wave to someone you hate? My buddy's girlfriend has a wrangler and I hate her to death, am I required by the Jeep Laws to wave to her?

• Quote from "ChiChuM"

First off, I just purchased a 4" Rough Country suspension lift, I was wondering if somewhre in the near future (after spring break) if anyone would be willing to come by and help me put it on. Im new to the whole modification thing and I don't want to mess it up. As usual, I will provide beer and food to anyone who helps (or money if you want). I'm in Newark.

i'm always up for a good wrenchfest. i now have friday's off everyweek. if given a little advance notice i could help you throw it in sometime.

Quote from "ChiChuM"

The waving question, do you have to wave to someone you hate? My buddy's girlfriend has a wrangler and I hate her to death, am I required by the Jeep Laws to wave to her?

although an equal opportunity waver (to any style jeep...not just open tubs) if i recognize the person and don't like them - no wave. why fake a friendship if the person is still a tool in person???
    chris

• Not now, I will eventually, but I"m going to keep them there for now. And good that I don't have to wave to her, she's a bitch!!! :soapbox:

• Quote from "ChiChuM"

The sacred code says you MUST wave.

Now whether you use the whole hand, two fingers or just one is your choice.

• Quote from "Keith_C"

Now whether you use the whole hand, two fingers or just one is your choice.

notice TWO fingers.... not one which would be internation sign for hello :suspicious: :laughing:

• In England, giving someone "the finger" is done with two fingers, not one (has something to do with the archers of medieval times). So if you feel the need to disguise your true meaning you might consider it. Otherwise LET IT FLY!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• hum... being an archer in a medevial group........

originally it was one finger and the meaning was "pluck yew"

back in medeival times if an english archer was caught instead of killing him his middle finger was cut off so that he cannot shoot. now mind you they had bows made of yew wood. so it was a way the archers would symbolize that they still had their middle fingers so they could "pluck yew"

this is a quick version and I cannot remember it word for word....... maybe I can run it past My fellow archers and find the posting about it.

• It was at the Battle of Agincourt. The French, who were overwhelmingly favoured to win the battle, threatened to cut a certain body part off of all captured English archers so that they could never fight again. The English won in a major upset and waved the body part in question at the French in defiance.

The body part which the French proposed to cut off of the English after defeating them was, of course, the middle finger, without which it is impossible to draw the renowned English longbow. This famous weapon was made of the native English yew tree, and so the act of drawing the longbow was known as "plucking yew".

Thus, when the victorious English waved their middle fingers at the defeated French, they said, "See, we can still pluck yew! PLUCK YEW!"
    Over the years some 'folk etymologies' have grown up around this symbolic gesture. Since 'pluck yew' is rather difficult to say (like "pleasant mother pheasant plucker", which is who you had to go to for the feathers used on the arrows), the difficult consonant cluster at the beginning has gradually changed to a labiodental fricative 'f', and thus the words often used in conjunction with the one-finger-salute are mistakenly thought to have something to do with an intimate encounter. It is also because of the pheasant feathers on the arrows that the symbolic gesture is known as "giving the bird".

History buff and traiditonal archer. :rolleyes:

• if the archer was caught a second time would they cut off his middle finger? then making it impossible for him to give the finger or "pluck yew", which in turn made for the creation of the thumb under your upper front teeth action. which means the same thing as the middle finger. Was that smart or what?

• :hmm: So...when two archers meet do you wave your middle fingers at each other as a way of saying, "Hey, I'm an archer too." :laughing:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• yeah let me know with liek two weeks advance and i can help they are not that hard. so do i think that i have most of the tools to do it too

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• HAHA, i love the history channel so all this knowledge is really making me want to know more. Anyone want to make a new thread bout all of this?

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!