Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area preview run pics!

• Ok, so I got a chance to go on a preview/pre-run for part of the Jeep Jamboree event that will be at Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area in 2 weeks... That place will be awesome when it opens up (rumors are next spring), it's huge and has a LOT of trails already made (apparently people have been wheeling there for decades), they just need to be refined a little and mapped. We were in a large-ish group, with rigs ready for greens-high blacks. We didn't do that many trails, but saw a lot of area (21 miles on the trip odometer) and spent some time on a nice rock garden and a new technical trail.

Pics here: http://www.delawareja.com/gallery2/v/whatevah/AOAA/

There is a trench/gully type section that's in a black trail, just cut recently for the Jamboree run... paint will be lost in this trail, we had 3 Jeeps out of the 8 that attempted it lay on their sides. It has three sections, with an escape before/after each one ( we created the second one... lol), the first isn't too bad if you can pick the correct line and stay on it, but the rest are more difficult. I've got a video I'll put on youtube later of one of the guys smacking a rock with his passenger side door (this spot, but different Jeep) . Another lost the driver side tail light and license plate.

It's only a half-hour past Rausch Creek, so it's not that bad of a ride, either. They're talking about it being open to all sorts of vehicles, they already do ATV classes there and we met a few ATVs and dirt bikes on the easier trails and access roads. The access roads are passable to a 2wd SUV/pickup which will be nice, a lot of them have some puddles though, so I wouldn't advise taking a car on them. We hit 20mph a few times running the access roads and green trails (was annoying since at 18mph the Rubicon swaybar reconnects!).

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Old mining equipment. I think I could have fit my JK inside one... will likely try one day. ;)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• great pics and info, my daughter and i are attending the jamboree in two weeks , it sounds like we are going to avoid the "trench".....lol !

Don't follow me, you won't make it....

Edited once, last by hookedonthebay ().

• You'll have a blast, Bob! Yeah, avoid the trench sections... :)

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!