2012 Coastal Cleanup

• Update.
    I have been informed that there will be a wedding at the Life Saving Station.

Also there will be a group that have adopted a section of the beach to the south of us .
    They will do under the bridge , north to Faithful Steward .

• Still waiting for my works Saturday schedule to come out to see if i have the 15th off or not

If you need wrenching advice feel free to ask! Others experience can be a good way to save time and money!

• Update.
    I have been informed that there will be a wedding at the Life Saving Station.

Also there will be a group that have adopted a section of the beach to the south of us .
    They will do under the hedge , north to Faithful Steward .

That's good, a lot of trash gets caught under the hedge. Stupid auto correct! ;D

• Update ...
    I have been in contact with DNREC . They have asked that anyone else willing to attend please just post here .
    No need to register online .

• Ok, i have that saturday off. I assume this is a 'walking' clean up, hopefully, as the Jeep is in the garage in piece and i'm not sure i want to take my Dodge Ram out on the beach. The wife and I would like to attend.

If you need wrenching advice feel free to ask! Others experience can be a good way to save time and money!

• Ok, i have that saturday off. I assume this is a 'walking' clean up, hopefully, as the Jeep is in the garage in piece and i'm not sure i want to take my Dodge Ram out on the beach. The wife and I would like to attend.

Sounds good !
    Meet at Savage Ditch and them we will walk over to Faithful Steward .

• Picked up the tote with all the supplies and paperwork this morning .

Few things I should mention .
    Weather is suppose to be decent, this is OC Bike wknd and there will be a triathlon that will be start at 7am (not sure where it start tho).
    Traffic will be heavy and there will be lots of bicycles on the highway . Might want to leave a little earlier to get to the meeting place at Savage Ditch .
    I'll have a sign in sheet that way I can thank those who attended .
    Just look for me next to my Jeep .

Andrew....I can't thank you enough for running with this thing and getting it organized. You are the man.

Its all good and no thanks needed . I didnt really do anything except for send out a few emails.

• :bang: My dispatcher is a moron, oh wait, dispatcher and moron are synonyms. Worked last Saturday and Sundays to get tomorrow off, now I'm going to North Jersey this afternoon, laying over tonight and delivering in the morning so I'm not making the cleanup. Thanks to everyone participating and Andrew for organizing.

• Must have missed you guys. There was a white Wrangler on the beach but wasn't part of the group.

My wife and I did pick up a bag of trash. Nothing unique or interesting mostly plastic caps and bottles. Traffic wasn't bad either since the triatholon was on the north bound side. The wind was pretty intense so we only spent about 2 hours on the beach. Hopefully will catch you all if we do a Fall clean up.

• Thanks to Surfrider and Grningbear for making the trip. :up:

We'll revisit this in the Spring when registration for the sponsorship comes up again but with the limited participation, it looks like it's time to pull the plug on this particular sponsorship. :-\

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!