Jeep TV Show Tonight

• Just watched the last episode, I don't think he broke the axle... Pretty hard to do on snow.

No it's not. I've done it in my drive way. Also took out the locker and the locking hub. :doh:

That was an "Oh Shit" moment! :o

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Just watched the last episode, I don't think he broke the axle... Pretty hard to do on snow. I'd guess that it landed a bit too hard when the helicopter delivered it.

Anybody else notice that the interior engine sounds were not from an inline-4? lol sounded more like from a 6.5L diesel (HMMWV motor).

Ether that or it was an insert broken axle "here" scene from the producers....

• You can break an axle by spinning tires on the ice and suddenly having them hook up on pavement.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I too was wondering why they didn't do something to keep the wheel in earlier? The log idea I've seen done at RC before. I can't remember who it was but I think Randy was with us. Someone broke both axles on a trail that we couldn't get back to with a trailer. I think the guy's name was Greg and it was a teal YJ. Can't remember his name exactly.

Didn't one of the Top Gear (US) guys do this on the 4x4 episode? If I remember right he made it a pretty long way before he actually blew out the sidewall on the tire going down that descent. When Bill told Gary to cut him a piece of log I figured that was his plan although the log ski idea worked pretty well too.

I tell you what though, if I was Gary I'd have made his fat @$$ sleep in the Jeep after not even lifting a finger to help build the snow shelter! Apparently Bill is too comfortable knowing that he's never in any real danger or a real survival situation. Gary must have a lot of pity for Bill or just a big heart. I wouldn't be able to put up with his constant whining and laziness. I'm sure that Gary could make Bill have a "little accident." Hahahaha... "I'm sorry Mr. Producer. That rock wall for the shelter just fell right on top of his head. Damnedest thing I ever saw! I'll sure <giggle> miss him!"

...And that effing hat!! "I love Wu"!!! I mean really, how much more of a self-centered prick do you have to be!! Hopefully the new ep I DVR'ed last night is a little better.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• It was actually worse if that's possible !

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• The log in place of the tire was used years ago in the movie, "The World's Fastest Indian." It was based on true events, so I guess the idea is real world proven. In Oz, there's a TV show my Kangaroo friends told me about where they take industrious aboriginees and set them loose on some broken down cars in the bush. For instance, one episode there was a car with a broken flywheel and the dude took a larger one from a junk car and chipped it down to fit the other car using rocks. I think there's a lot of room to show more "bush fixes" for cars and more unique off-road driving situations. Rapelling a car down a steep grade is ridiculously stupid when you run out of rope. I would like to see a competition betweens teams starting out with broken down Jeeps they must first get running and then race through a series of off-road driving challenges.

And Bill Wu is a complete asshat.

• I would like to see a competition betweens teams starting out with broken down Jeeps they must first get running and then race through a series of off-road driving challenges.

Sounds like the old show "Junk Yard Wars". I loved that show but I remember it beginning to look as if some things were "planted" in the junk yard for the teams to use.

Best episode hands down was the one where they had the US team, the British team, and the Russian team.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!