Jeep TV Show Tonight

• On discovery channel is a show called "One Car Too Far". From the commercials, it appears to be about two guys in a Jeep TJ going on offroad adventures. I never thought TV could be this good.

Discovery Channel, Sunday 9:00PM

• turned it off after 5 minutes. i was like watching two retards in a rain forest tring to make a scripted show look real.

aaron

• turned it off after 5 minutes. i was like watching two retards in a rain forest tring to make a scripted show look real.

aaron

unfortunately, i think i have to agree...great idea, terrible execution. it feels very scripted/exaggerated and the driver doesnt really seem to know how to drive offroad.

either way, its a jeep offroad on tv, i cant stop watching...

aaron

Still watching but agree on the retards comment!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• The dude driving in the mudd was pathetic - ooh lets step on the gas and get out of here!
    x3 on the retards comment - I mean come on the dude was flipping out about bugs - um you're in a rainforest what do you expect.
    Oh and I like how they have a "slightly" modified jeep - since when is a snorkle a slight mod?????

• No lockers though. Maybe a limited slip?

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• The survivalist dude is alright, I want to punch the Asian dude for whining and just being generally annoying. Every time they or the announcer call it a car instead of a Jeep I also want to punch them. It doesn't look like they aired down the tires at all. Oh and it's a 4 cylinder, I'm guessing the show has the budget for a 6 so why do a 4? I'm gonna keep watching but I may end up with a fist sized hole in my tv. :)

• I too thought the Asian guy was annoying. I believed they claimed he was an "expert" in offroading, yet as the show progressed I didn't see that. :laughing:

I was watching this thinking about how many other jeepers were saying "I could do a better job than this guy" when it came to the driving.

It's sponsored by jeep, so instead of referring it to a car the whole time, they should have just called it "One Jeep, Too Deep" :shrug:

• the worst part was when the "driver" pulled out some teloscopic chopsticks from i dont know where to eat the fish that the survivalist caught

on the positive, it shows what a jeep is STILL capable of when driven by a clueless driver

• I watched the whole thing but it was a little painful. I'm surprised the survivalist didn't smack him at all for not helping with much of anything. He was coaching him the whole time even with the driving letting him know to stop worrying and drive. But if any of you used to watch Bullrun, the asain guy is one of the brothers that drove the lamborgini that always sat shotgun because his brother (skinny asian) was the better driver. He was a tool on that show too.

• Yeah, another "reality" "Survival" show. Ok, so lets go BLASTING through trees, without knowing if there is a 500 foot drop on the other side! To quote Bugs Bunny, "What a maroooon".
    I knew the show was "Scripted" when they went across the home made log bridge, and didn't go back for their tie downs! One of the first things I learned in survival school, Never, EVER, EVER. leave ANYTHING of use behind!

• I watched the whole thing. The problems there encountered seemed too staged for me. But remember that Jeep sponsored it so you have to expect that it's going to be more about the Jeep getting through the forest than the two guys. I'm wondering why they used a TJ to push the 2012 JK. I would think they'd want to use a JK. I guess it was shot a few years ago before the JK came out.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• "Many people have been asking about what mods have been done to the Tj and why we used a Tj 10 years old. First of all we wanted to use a basic jeep . A jeep that you could find everyday getting groceries.It would be no fun and not a challenge if we used a heavily modified jeep and carry spare parts . We wanted to show how to survive and show some cool fixes for the everyday person if they were to get stranded. The jeep is a 2002 4 cylinder 5 speed manual . The only modifications done are: 2" suspension lift, snorkel with breather tubes for the diffs, 33" tires, and winch. the cage was custom built, the jeep was called car because jeep did not have a deal with discovery until after it was filmed"

• I'm hopeful that the first couple episodes are growing pains and it turns into something entertaining to watch. Maybe in episode 2 the jeep flops and kills both guys or at least the asian guy (not in a racist way but in a he sucks sort of way..lol) and they recasted it for the rest of the season.

• Had this tivo'd and after this thread Jen and I checked it out last night. IMHO if they dumped the dumbass, whiny driver it'd have been 100% better. Jen had a good point, though...good that Jeep sponsored it as it was basically one huge Jeep commercial.

--Ian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!