Bed lining the entire Jeep

• Once i get done with the frame on my TJ i will be moving on to the tub and fixing the rotted body mount points. Then i will doing the liner portion of the job. So depending on how quickly you plan on doing yours....I will have a whole series of pics up in another month or so on that part of it.

If you need wrenching advice feel free to ask! Others experience can be a good way to save time and money!

• How long until it fades? Is all that work worth it to you if it's only 5 years?

For me, i'm going to be doing 'something' anyhow. The Jeep will be a trail rig almost exclusively so i won't have to worry about scratches. I guess only time will tell how well the color holds up, gonna be going with a dark blue.

If you need wrenching advice feel free to ask! Others experience can be a good way to save time and money!

• FWIW, Durabak just sent me a brochure and a few color sample chips. They're out of Colorado. I mention it in case you're still shopping for a product to use. Durabak markets to the DIY crowd, and it offers both rough and smooth liners. (I'm thinking of doing my TJ's interior.) Good luck.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• I got my sample chips from Monstaliner today. I may test this on the interior before I would attempt the exterior. I don't really plan on doing this till my paint is totally messed up and would want to paint anyway. The samples that I got today seem to be a smoother texture and may look better than some I have seen.

I may also test this on the front grill to see how it holds up. I can always replace the front grill if I do not like the results. Im going to investigate more and see. I will talk to my neighbor he has a lifted XJ with the hood and lift gate done and it looks great.

• My jeep needs to be painted and I love the look of it so ill be painting mine with the black rustoleum truck bed liner...at the end of the day it doesn't matter if everyone thinks it looks bad the thing that matters is that you like it ... I'm not a big fan of the rubber really thick texture I am just hoping the brand I use wont fade

• I saw a 4 door JK with PA tags, 35's, a roof rack and I think it had bumpers that had the entire exterior covered in bedliner at the Wilmington Amtrak station last night. To be honest, I thought it looked horrible. Wish I took pics.

Pics would have been cool. I would like to see this in person though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!