• Just wondering if anyone has had issues with the DMV inspection with flat fenders such as these? Do they have an issue with the marker light that comes with them? I know that Bushwacker says the lights are DOT legal but on another vehicle I've owned I installed other lights that were DOT legal and they failed me because of the lights. They wanted stock lights.

Would there be any other concern in Delaware or other states?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12506_4442_07.htm

• As with anything else in the inspection lanes it is probably going to boil down to the guy in the lane. I'd print out the DOT certification for them and take that with you. I'll also try to find the federal law that states, state laws cannot supercede federal laws on vehicles useing DOT certified items.

If you need wrenching advice feel free to ask! Others experience can be a good way to save time and money!

• As with anything else in the inspection lanes it is probably going to boil down to the guy in the lane. I'd print out the DOT certification for them and take that with you. I'll also try to find the federal law that states, state laws cannot supercede federal laws on vehicles useing DOT certified items.

X2, it all depends who you get. I had a bum taillight that worked sometimes, and sometimes it didn't, and explained to the guy the problem and he let it slip. My brother also failed in his old Grand Am because his aftermarket headlights didn't 'show the blinker' enough if you were straight ahead of the car (even though they did), so he had to put yellow fogs to act as blinkers in his air dams.

• I've had the Xenon's on mine pretty much the entire time I've owned it. I haven't had any issues passing inspection with the side markers that came with the flares. Actually, the 1st time I took it through insp the side markers weren't even wired up and they passed me with a "suggestion" to get them working.

The only thing that sux about those side makers is that the "retaining strap" that holds them into the cutout under the flare is made of the same material as the flare is. It's also held in w/ 2 screws. When I went to wire them up I stripped out the rusted screws and had to cut that retainer off. The Xenon's have a thick plastic frame on the fronts that keeps them from sagging so I used L-brackets and attached them to the frame piece to run the ground wire and ensure that I can easily access the bulb if it needs replacing. It's a cheap design flaw but only cost me about $5 to mod. I'll take some pics later if you want or you can check them out at the meeting Saturday if you'll be there.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• DMV is hit and miss. I had replaced my upper doors with the sliding windows because my zippers had stopped working. The glass had a slight tint so DMV failed my inspection. A week later I went threw for reinspection with the top and upper doors off. He asked my to roll up my windows to check the tint and I just smiled. He let me go and passed me. The following inspection I had my wife take my jeep threw inspection with no problems. Shes prittier than I am.

• I've got Bushwackers on my JK and have had no issues. I really think it depends on who's checking.

• i had them on my tj and never had issues aslong as you have the marker lights and a reflector that is 4sq inches you are good to go.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• o and mine where the poison spyder full metal fenders with 3in flare. just keep a set of narrow stock tires so you can throw them on when you go threw inspection.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!