Center console

• Hey kuntry I was looking at the same one.... The reviews are good on them but I read the instructions and it looks like you need to remove your seats to install it.... Which is a huge pita I broke 6 bolts getting my seats out. Better have a easy out and Patience on your side. Good new was I actually mounted my seats to the frame in the process....

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• I love my Tuffy. You can often get good deals on used. What ever you get , consider the combo lock... Love that you can lock up your keys in it.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/t…r-camlock-system-082.html

Also

Max built makes a great product, but kinda pricy

http://www.maxbilt.com/cjc-1.html

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I never knew that this existed, and now I plan to order one ASAP for my Tuffy console. Love the idea of being able to lock the keys in there!

$20 , cant go wrong.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• I'll hopefully have one soon.... Gotta get my suspension strait before I do this....

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• My wife got me the iVault stereo console a few years back. It's held up very well and I haven't had any issues with it.

Back when I could drive my YJ and it would accept a console this is the one I wanted. Price seem great and it looked well made. Unless you can find a tuffy they are pricy.

• I have the Smittybilt that you're showing. With off roading in the rock, the locking mechanism fell apart twice. I called them and they sent me new ones. Have had no problem for the past couple years.

• Hey kuntry I was looking at the same one.... The reviews are good on them but I read the instructions and it looks like you need to remove your seats to install it.... Which is a huge pita I broke 6 bolts getting my seats out. Better have a easy out and Patience on your side. Good new was I actually mounted my seats to the frame in the process....

I didn't have to remove anything. Just mark and drill for the 4 bolts that go thru the floor and install. Took about an hour tops bc I had to use a small set of vice grips to hold the top of the bolts while I tightened the nuts from underneath the Jeep. Probably would've taken ten mins with another set of hands.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• My wife is buying me one for Valentine's day haha.... I think she enjoys the jeep nodding more than me....

• Funny story about my Tuffy. Last year my twins (6yrs old) wanted to get me a new console for my Jeep and picked out the Tuffy from the Quadratec catalog. The price was a problem... Turned out that Aaron had a used one to sell. So I bought it, it was very nice, so I scrubbed it, up, touched up the paint, added side straps, printed out the manual bought some new bolts, bagged and sealed everything up and boxed it up. It really looked like brand new and so I left the box at the front door. The kids then gave it to me and I was so surprised !!! WIN-WIN

• [size=17px]Thanks, I think I will go ahead and pick this up. If the lock breaks thats a cheap fix, and i will still be way under the price of a Tuffy. I looked for a used tuffy but they are hard to find, and when i did they were selling for over 200.00. Thanks[/size]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!