tj to yj drive cv shaft

• Was wondering if it is possible to use a tj CV shaft on a yj.... I have a good deal in the works if it is possible. I'm thinking all I have to do is change the yoke but I dunno...

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Was wondering if it is possible to use a tj CV shaft on a yj.... I have a good deal in the works if it is possible. I'm thinking all I have to do is change the yoke but I dunno...

They are all 1310 u-joints.

You will of course need the SYE to go along with it.

• Short answere is no. If you are putting it in front then you can change tcase yoke so you have a cv style yoke but it will probably be too long. Even if your drive train is the same the low pinion tj front diff requires a longer shaft so it will probably be too long. Also tj front cv's are not know for there longevity. They often need rebuilding by 80k. If you want to use it for the back you you will have to get it shorten and get a sye kit. Also the tj front shaft is smaller and weaker then the rear shafts that are usually made for jeeps so by the time you cut down and refurb a tj front shaft its not that great of a deal.

Aaron

• Short answere is no. If you are putting it in front then you can change tcase yoke so you have a cv style yoke but it will probably be too long. Even if your drive train is the same the low pinion tj front diff requires a longer shaft so it will probably be too long. Also tj front cv's are not know for there longevity. They often need rebuilding by 80k. If you want to use it for the back you you will have to get it shorten and get a sye kit. Also the tj front shaft is smaller and weaker then the rear shafts that are usually made for jeeps so by the time you cut down and refurb a tj front shaft its not that great of a deal.

Aaron

I assumed he was talking about Sal's rear. :spinrhead:

• Yeah I am ;D so in other words its possible but it will cost more in the long run

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!