• Something like this worth looking at?
    http://delaware.craigslist.org/cto/3591341295.html

And what about that price? KBB in good condition is only $5900 (but KBB has been pretty unreliable as far as Jeep values go in my experience).

Much as I love my CJ, if I was going to buy a Jeep today it would be a TJ. My brother in law has a YJ, there are some good things about them but for very close to the same money you could get a TJ.

• I agree with most here. I have had my yj for over 8 years now, and as much as I loved doing everything to it, and the simpleness of the motor and suspension for customizing purposes.... you will miss some of the amneties of the tj. Plain and simple. I now have had a tj for around a month and love it.... for the most part. It takes some getting used to handling lifted coil springs in my opinion. The yj was so tight, even after the lift. And every tj I have ever driven with a lift is extremely loose in the handling department. But a few miles behind the wheel, and its like second nature again.

With that being said.... the yj will soon be for sale! Lol
    Spring over lift, 33's, 4.2l motor, winch, hard top, hard doors, 5th link tracbar, sye and drive shaft already installed!! Just food for thought....:))

• I love my TJ and the Ride even after my lift is pretty good. And I agree with everyone 33's are perfect for the TJ mine have been great for daily driving and offroad! As for a car seat it is a little cramped, the passenger seat has to be pushed up pretty far to fit the car seat. More then one would definitely be an interesting fit. And its been a learning experience getting my son in and out of his as he has gotten bigger and we are about to move him to a front facing seat cause his legs are on the back of the seat and getting a bit cramped.

As far as a YJ they are fun to drive, Ive been in a couple of buddys YJs and driven my uncles. It was fun but I would rather have my TJ esp for being my daily Driver.

• I'd recommend a 97-99 tj sport. try and find one with 3.73 gears. dana 44 is a plus, but unless you are going to be doing a lot of hardcore 4wheeling, it is not a necessity. if getting a manual, make sure the synchros are still good. check the steering box for leaks. everything else is either pretty bullet proof or cheap to fix

• I have recently purchased an 03 Rubi. Did they come stock with any sort of lift. New 31's came with it but next time I buy tires I might want to put on 33's. If I wanted to do a lift now would a 2 or 3" lift accomodate the 33's when I am ready for them. How much higher would it be with a lift and 33's. My wife and I are older so I dont want to have to climb too high to get in it.

• I have recently purchased an 03 Rubi. Did they come stock with any sort of lift. New 31's came with it but next time I buy tires I might want to put on 33's. If I wanted to do a lift now would a 2 or 3" lift accomodate the 33's when I am ready for them. How much higher would it be with a lift and 33's. My wife and I are older so I dont want to have to climb too high to get in it.

Best option IMHO as I have an '06 Rubi and went this route. Budget Boost, Motor Mount Lift, and 1.25" Body Lift. Fit 33's nicely, looked good, no problems.

• . if getting a manual, make sure the synchros are still good.

:up: :up:

The auto's really aren't as bad as people want them to be

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• Looks nice. Where did you get it done and how much if you don't mind me asking.

I think I got a package deal special from Quadratec on the BB, BL, and MML. It wasn't much but I forget the exact cost. As far as install, it is a very easy install but I had a couple guys who aren't on the [size=2]boards anymore (Tony and TheMistaken) do it for me as I was very new to Jeeps. Couple hours work at most...[/size]

[size=2]Approximate Cost Now Bought Separately at Quadratec[/size]
    Rubicon Express 2" Budget Boost ~$240
    JKS 1.25" Body Lift ~$130
    JKS 1" Motor Mount Lift ~$75

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!