preparing for the upcoming surf fishing season

• Hey hookedonthebay I might need a new fishing buddy since my wingman is having a kid I'm gonna need a spot holder haha.... Its good to run in pairs we usually park long ways just so we don't have tourons interfere with us. Finger mullet usually stops running mid October... Best iinvestment honestly is a cast net... I rarely buy bait unless its June July and I run box squid on a maws top bottom rig. I bagged a lot of rockfish last year during the spring and fall runs roughly 9 keepers in the surf and 4 off a boat... And as far as the non fisherman on the beach hogging the surf just do what I do catch a big shark and let it go right next to them and tell them their schooling fish haha...when there's one there's many and they freak out. There's a few guys on here that will tell ya I all but live on the beach. By the way fish the towers off the Gordon's pond crossing I banked 4 king fish and about 6 blues in less then a hour there. When the point opens up is the best. My girlfriend caught about 50 blues and I was using them as bait and catching drum.

I carry two cast nets everywhere i go, my 13 year old daughter throws like a pro, we actually were netting nice big mullet at slaughter beach last August, did the same thing with the sharks at slaughter beach too....caught a couple sharp nose sharks there had a couple families come over to see the teeth, they all packed up and left....lol...
    YJ i'll be on the beach ALOT this summer, i've got plenty of gear, just show up with your jeep and you'll be fishing

• Hey do you strictly surf fish because I know some good spots by the coast guard station at the inlet that I pulled some doormat size flounder out of... If you aren't afraid of going where the jeeps can't... :razz:

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• i fish where there are fish, walking doesn't scare me....use to have a boat offshore rigged, did a ton of tuna fishing out of oc md and know the northern chesapeake like the back of my hand. Fished the outer wall and hay stacks cape may rips...Did a ton of fishing out of that rig, boy do i miss it....

• Used to do a lot of large mouth fishing too.... Then it got boring ... I'm going to the keys this year to try to finish my bucket list of fishing haha... Marlin tarpon and grouper.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• you need to get to cabo, i used to bea die hard muskie fisherman until i went to cabo, my dad and icaught an estimated 3700 lbs of fish in a week. yellofin tuna a 70 lb mahi white ,black and blue marlin and a couple wahoo and rooster fish, we wound up taking a time share for ten years. after the first trip there i never fished fresh water again...lol...
    Down in florida you could go to Tampa bay, we did great on snook,tarpon and reds with some cool little sharks, it's a little closer than the keys

• I got a free beach house on the duck keys... I have a aunt and uncle that own a charter boat down there also... Deal of a nliftime haha... Always good to see a fellow angler...

• I got a free beach house on the duck keys... I have a aunt and uncle that own a charter boat down there also... Deal of a nliftime haha... Always good to see a fellow angler...

NICE! doesn't get any better than that...

• Jodie im sure melissa wouldnt mind ya coming as long as you bring sammy haha.... and hagar I would shoot for end of april might get lucky and nail a striper woohoo... sounds like a deja fishing excursion is in desperate need of planning .... cough cough. Besidesthe annual toutournament.

• Soooo.... who do we talk to about it besides the annual tournament.

I will answer that with a quote from a thread I started.

Dude, by all means go for it. The official deja runs are just the official runs...feel free to organize anything, short of an international drug smuggling prostitution and child slave labor ring, you want on the board. And even that might be permissible if 10% goes to Jeeps for Joy.

Im guessing if your willing to organize people will come.

• Im thinking a prostitution ring would raise a good amount of money for jeeps for joy.... thats my honest opinion.... if it wasnt cor thebmorale reason behind it I would invest greatly into it haha.... :razz:

Well let me look @ my schedule and look @ what deja has going on so we dont conflict and ill put something together for spring... white perch will be in soon cant wait. After that striper sooooo.... hopefully we can schedule something around that time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!