Surf fishing

• Woke up early and decided to hit Broadkill for some stripers. Trucking down RT 1 to get bait and noting at four bait stores until Old Inlet Bait and tackle for bunker. Since I was down there I figured to let some air out and shoot across the high way to the beach. Get to top of dune and sink :shrug: Seems the wind decided to add a little more then I thought. I get out, back up then back on RT 1 towards broadkill. Half way on RT 1 I get nailed for speeding -LOL ( In a wrangler) told the cop that 65 was a good day for the jeep without a head on wind so he lets me go. Get to Broadkill and this time being a little gun shy decided to just walk on and fish there. First cast and SNAP, bunker head and 6oz weight ocean bound. The wind was really bad and if I got a cast out there 100 feet it was good. No fish and sand blasted from the wind. Going to wait till a nice day...Just saying

• that sucks...sounds like wind will lay down by wednesday or thursday, hoping weather is favorable this weekend to wet some lines

• I'm going wed after work I think... I know ill b there this weekend. I dropped my number in my last post. I can teach ya how to hit 100 yds in this wind with a 6 oz wight if ya wanna learn... farthest I did with no bait and 6 oz.. was about 183 yds.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Yeah I did it at my parents they have a lot of land. That's also the difference between a conventional reel and a spinning reel. I've seen guys throw farther at casring comps. Yep they have those. Some guy from england tossed 318 yards. Yep must have a lot of free time on his hands.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• mike, saturday is looking like a better weather day than sunday (at least for now). I am going to head down early am , i 'm bringing the dog along as i plan to fish hopefully til sun down. Not sure what beach i'm going to. Coming from PA are their any decent bait shops between dover and CHSP?

• Coming from PA are their any decent bait shops between dover and CHSP?

Henlopen Bait and tackle is convenient if you come in Savannah Road. It's a nice little shop.
    I always go to Lewes Harbor Marina because it's close. I usually skip Tiderunners and go to the one across from Irish Eyes. That's on the way in to Henlopen as well.
    For fishing IRI, I would stop at one of the ones on Rt. 1 such as Bills.

I'll be around Saturday afternoon. Let me know where you guys end up and maybe I'll stop out then as well for a bit. Keep your phone handy Mike, I'll text or call you.

• I like Bills and Old Inlet for bait. Seems they get more in than some of the others due to volume and freshness. Im also going Saturday so someone post what beach and maybe we can hook up.
    I usually hit up- CHP, 3 R's and Broadkill but game for any of them. Need to catch a fishy already :doh: . I will be getting fresh bunker and a few clams for bait as well as beer and ice for the cooler.

• I only use dans tackle shop next to valero sout side of milford... tell them I sent ya... if I'm not there already. Its my hangout during the week and thier baits fresh not salted down like bills is. The little yellow shop is good too. Think its the one billy's talking about. But dans is my spot.

• And dovertj I've been killing it on bunker and bloods. Havent had much luck with clams. Might wanna grab some green crabs heard they been hammering black drum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!