Kayak Fishing - Henlopen breakers..

• I will be out Monday AM kayak fishing for anything.. probably paddle out to the Harbor of Refuge.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Make sure you get/have a license. Owning a surf tag won't cover that.

Thanks , already did, it was easy online.. $8.50 + $1.00 service fee.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• Make sure you get/have a license. Owning a surf tag won't cover that.

According to the folks at eastern marine and at the life saving museum the surf tag is the same as a license and covers both fresh and saltwater in the state of delaware. That's what they told me when i tried to purchase a license while buying my surf tag earlier this spring

• According to the folks at eastern marine and at the life saving museum the surf tag is the same as a license and covers both fresh and saltwater in the state of delaware. That's what they told me when i tried to purchase a license while buying my surf tag earlier this spring

Don't think so.

Read DNRECs rules on their website.

• Yeah I'm not sure, I just called into the life-saving station where i purchased my surf tag and they said it did included in the price of the surf Tag a complimentary fishing license. I had bought my out of state fishing license at Eastern marine and then went down to the life-saving station to purchase my surf tag. they told me since I had already purchased a license at Eastern marine I would now have two fishing licenses. they told me that was a good thing if I ever had a visitor come fish with me they could say the surf tag license Is theirs and fish under it As long as they get a FIN number. when I questioned this at Eastern marine they had stated that with the purchase of an out of state surf tag a complimentary fishing license is included which covers both fresh and saltwater for the entire state of Delaware, I would need to carry my paper receipt from the purchase of the surf tag to prove I had a license to any Game official that might check me. I am just repeating what the license issuing agent had told me, but now i will look into it further since it has been questioned

Don't follow me, you won't make it....

Edited once, last by hookedonthebay ().

• good call keith, obviously the people at eastern marine and the life station are misinformed, i found the section that says resident and nonresident do not need an additional license while in posession of a surf tag and WHILE FISHING ON A DESIGNATED SURF FISHING BEACH ONLY...

• good call keith, obviously the people at eastern marine and the life station are misinformed, i found the section that says resident and nonresident do not need an additional license while in posession of a surf tag and WHILE FISHING ON A DESIGNATED SURF FISHING BEACH ONLY...

Right. I couldn't post it from work.

That what I was told by the park ranger when I got my surf tag that the Surf tag was only for surf fishing , and was not a license for other fishing . ... Thats why I bought one. Hell its only $9

Report: Paddled out at low tide from the Henlopen fishing pier around 7:30 am. Fished the pilings where the old pier used to be with no luck. So I headed out to the Break water lighthouse. On the south side of the rocks I caught 5 nice croaker. With the heat coming on, I did not paddle all the way to the Harbor of Refuge lighthouse. Pulled to shore around 1pm at the high tide.

Steve

• This too:

If two people have a surf fishing permit/vehicle license for their vehicles, can the two people go in one vehicle to fish without a special fishing permit? Also, if they take friends along to surf fish, do the friends need a special permit? Only the operator of the vehicle that is permitted may fish without a license on the beach. Any other anglers will need to have a general $8.50 (resident) or $12.50 (tourist) or $20.00 (non-resident) license regardless of whether or not they have another vehicle permit. The exemption in the code is only for the vehicle operator who has the surf tag.

• This too:

If two people have a surf fishing permit/vehicle license for their vehicles, can the two people go in one vehicle to fish without a special fishing permit? Also, if they take friends along to surf fish, do the friends need a special permit? Only the operator of the vehicle that is permitted may fish without a license on the beach. Any other anglers will need to have a general $8.50 (resident) or $12.50 (tourist) or $20.00 (non-resident) license regardless of whether or not they have another vehicle permit. The exemption in the code is only for the vehicle operator who has the surf tag.

I think I witnessed this scenario a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't figure out why after talking to the rangers the one dude put his stuff away. Both seemed to be actively fishing from what I could tell. They were both standing at their poles the entire time I was there. Makes sense now, thanks Keith.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!