ocean city jeep week aug 21-24 2014.... yep next year.

• We'll be up and going soon....not a trans issue definitely something happened in the bell housing, mud, debris, release bearing ? I won't be giving in to my 14 year old daughter any more, that's for sure.... all I could hear as I started to bypass the hole " dad what are you doing, we don't take the easy way out ever, you are not going to start now".....The little s!@t didn't even help de mud the interior.

Sounds like it's time to search FS threads and CL for a YJ or XJ for her!! LOL.. Sorry to hear you had issues with the TJ, and with stupid folks running a game of how to empty people's pockets... I was actually looking at going through CC for some parts & possibly install of said parts for my GF's LJ.. but guess I'll take care of it on my own now... not going to do business with someone doing stupid stuff like that... I wish I had been stateside this year for the OCJW, and am really hoping I won't be playing in the sandbox for it next year...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!!

• Sounds like it's time to search FS threads and CL for a YJ or XJ for her!! LOL.. Sorry to hear you had issues with the TJ, and with stupid folks running a game of how to empty people's pockets... I was actually looking at going through CC for some parts & possibly install of said parts for my GF's LJ.. but guess I'll take care of it on my own now... not going to do business with someone doing stupid stuff like that... I wish I had been stateside this year for the OCJW, and am really hoping I won't be playing in the sandbox for it next year...

Lol, she keeps telling her friends that by time I'm done with the build she'll have her license and she will just take mine so I can start all over

• Haha i actually beard rumors about it.... And truthfully seriously sering deja get involved in it would be awesome... Some club from pa won the most club participation at the show and shine. Would like to see our club win it next year.

Yeah Seven Mountain Jeeps came down this year and won the most represented club. Eastern shore jeep won most club participation.

• For those of you who helped me get the jeep home and was there at the infamous mud hole at ocean city jeep week , I'm happy to report that the jeep is back up and running with no major break down found. Aaron said that he had never seen anything like what we had found and gave me the old "atta boy". After dropping the bell housing we found a seized throw out bearing right away. (we just put a new clutch and bearing in a month ago) We then inspected the pressure plate and found a ton of mud that had jammed the fingers in the depressed position. After a good 15 minutes of chiseling away and tapping pressure plate on the floor the fingers all moved back into proper position as the chunks of dried out concrete like mud fell out.
    When is the next trail ride? :innocent:

mud packed in the fingers

• AWESOME! Glad it was something simple and your back in Business!

• After a good 15 minutes of chiseling away and tapping pressure plate on the floor the fingers all moved back into proper position as the chunks of dried out concrete like mud fell out.
    When is the next trail ride? :innocent:

I think we're going to a mud run at ESJA property :mrgreen:
    It's a requirement your daughter comes to give "trail suggestions / encouragements". :roflmao:

• Ha, took the jeep out for a ride, topless and doorless of course, when a real loud constant squeal developed....went right to auto zone and got a new belt tensioner....she's stealth quiet...lol.... Julia said she'd be glad to offer her guide service and she said be prepared to get extra muddy, but don't count on her helping to clean

• All I gotta say is the look on your girlfriends face when that guys pushed that tsunami info your jeep was priceless haha.... Wish I had a picture.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Wow, glad I read this thread. I was gonna let CC do a lift on my jk but they can go pound. OCJW was a great time lots of good people there. It would be fantastic if they get the convention center and Jeep, next year that means all the part venders wont be far behind. ... I better start saving now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!