DEJA Meeting: Sunday, November 10th @ McGlynn's in Dover

• Meh food, Short draft list and sneaky tip tactics/I guess you can keep my change...

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• Meh food, Short draft list and sneaky tip tactics/I guess you can keep my change...

I liked it actually. The beer list was good to me...the food looked really good...and it is common practice to include tips on groups.

Man, even after winning the 50/50, you sure are grumpy B-rad. :razz:

Yeah I was surprised when she asked if I needed change after they added the tip to the bill.

Food was good, service okay. Kinda sucked we didn't all fit in the room, some of us kinda felt like the red headed step kids :)

• Food was average. Beers and selection was pretty good. Many bottles to choose from if the the tap is not enough. But I do agree, that if a tip is added, it should be disclosed when your waitress hands you your receipt. I don't disagree with them adding it, just tell us. Think that they could have added a few more tables to facilitate the group. Sorry for the short notice bringing my kids. :shrug:

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I guess Fraziers was so sneaky you never noticed them charging the same 18% gratuity. It's pretty standard practice for parties of 8+.

We are always open to suggestions too. If you know a place that will have us without charging more than a $50 room fee then let me know. Anything over $50 isn't really worth it because we don't always have a good turn out.

• If they had even asked just one person at our table about change back it would be fine but the didn't.

Our table must have got the short end of the stick in the food dept... then again with didn't have our own room to ourselves like some people, lol.

I know you guys can't be serious about that draft list...

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• Guys - it did say gratuity was included on the receipt ... Pretty standard practice for parties of X or more.

Though I do think the food sucked. I don't really go for the food though ... It was a nice and cheap room.

• Also of note, a pound of wings = 7 wings. Learn something new everyday.

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• Welp, we were just trying something new and most of the things I heard about it from people before the meeting were good so Jen scheduled it.

They did seem to drop the ball on the amount of available seats but the room was pretty good for a meeting otherwise.

The gratuity thing is pretty funny because it was as clear as day on the check. If you got burnt by that, all I can do is laugh. :laughing:

It's looking like we are pushing toward Cantwells for the holiday party anyway so let's see what we can find wrong there. I'm paying the server extra to mess with you Brad. ;)

• I know it was on there, Jeez. But If my bill is say $7 and I hand you a $10 and you don't bring change, that's just bad business practice.

I hear Urbancrawler might have a line on a new joint in Dover.... It's BYOB.

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!