Just got a Jeep

• Hi everyone. I've been lurking without jopining for a couple months now and as of Saturday I have a Jeep of my own. I took the top down and drove around some today and learned firsthand about the jeep wave. I did not pass a single Wrangler that the driver didn't wave at me. Some were just a hand lifted from the steering wheel and some were a full arm out the door big ole wave. Made me feel pretty good in my purchase. I'll be watching the site and hope to get to try a trail ride soon. I work a funny schedule that doesn't give me many weekends off but I'll try. I'm not looking for "roll it down the hill" off roading but a little mud on it would look nice. :laughing: You didn't even know you did it but thanks for welcoming me into the fold.

• :wavey: Welcome and congrats on your first jeepy purchase :up:

93 YJ 5spd w/ 4.10s, 3.5&WCF_AMPERSAND" black diamond suspension lift, 33&WCF_AMPERSAND" BFG all-terrains, crager 397s, alpine mp3 head unit and amp, 4.0TB, K&amp;N air intake<br />2008 Commander Rocky Mountain Edition 4.7 V8 (no mods yet, but prob soon)

• welcome to the group..im sure youll find this a great place for info and to meet people to call jeep buddies. we help you work to make them bigger...and fix them when they break too LOL

• Welcome Brian :wavey:

This is DrJ's favorite :useless:

Or at least give us specs!!! :spinrhead:

We like seeing new toys

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Quote from "Brianslost"

I'm tryin to find how to upload a photo. I can't seem to find the spot to let me put it in. [/img]

First you need to find someplace on the web to host the photo (it should not be password protected). Only Members have the right to post on DeJA's website. Once you have your photo posted, you can right click on it at its location, copy the file name with all the http stuff, then post into a post here with {img} and {/img} around it -- but with [ and ] instead of { and }.

Good luck!

• Oh geez too much trouble to post a photo. :rolleyes: Its pretty much stock, blue, 2003, and an SE. Hopefully sometime someone will suggest a weekday trip for newbies like me. I have very few weekends off. And yes, it feels awesome to have a Jeep. Its the most fun vehicle I have ever owned and I've only had it since Saturday.

• Quote from "dave71057"

No such thing as pretty much stock. Should read pretty much stock, for now!

I learned that one pretty quick Brian - check out my tag line! :laughing:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• I second what icky said, nothing wrong with a 4 banger. Welcome to the club man. :wavey:

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I was wondering before I bought it but with the 5 speed it gets out of its own way just fine for me. No quarter mile times but if I wanted that I would have gotten a Mustang. Off road I'm sure it will be more than enough.

• The 4 bangers do well off road because they are torquey little motors. The problem comes when bigger tires are put on, but even then the only problems I've heard about are on the highway.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!