Stupid Air Bag Sensor

• Driving around today my Airbag sensor light came on and now feels obligated to go off and chime every 30 seconds to remind me. Does anyone know of a reason this happens or will I be going to the dealer on Monday to have them check the system?

• On TJs and xjs the airbag module is under the console on the floor. Maybe pull the console and try to unplug it and plug it back in?

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Clock spring, it's under warranty. Same thing happened with my jk.

Mine has been out of warranty for awhile now. Commuting back and forth to Edgewood, MD killed that real fast. Or is it under a recall that will cover it?

• Scanning through some threads on JKOwners and JK-Forum it looks like it could be the clock spring or the sensors under the front and passenger seats. I'll have to check the connections and if it doesn't go away I guess I'll make a trip to the dealer tomorrow. The chiming every 10 seconds will drive me crazy.

I'll have to give this a try tomorrow.
    [size=13px]***From JK-Freaks****[/size]
    [/size][size=13px]Sounds like the clock spring. I just had this replaced on my 08. Apparently there is a recall out for the 07s but not the 08s. I brought this up to the dealer and they suggested that I call Jeep services claims and handle it that way.[/size][/size][size=13px]I must say that it was an great experience.First off, here's the number: 800-763-8422Call this # and explain whats going on. You will get a case # and a case manager assigned to you. They will require that you take it to the dealer and have a diagnostic service done. This will be 100 bucks out of your pocket.The dealer then talked to my case manager and agreed that it was the clock springs.Then I talked to the case manager and we agreed that Jeep will cover everything but 100 bucks. I thought this was awesome!!I had the repair done. The repair + diagnostic was $518. Next the case manager sent me a link where I would scan in and upload my receipts. I did this and about 10 days later I had a check for $418.It was a pretty good experience![/size]

• They extended the warranty on the airbags for the 07, I thought it was also for he newer ones. If it were for the TJ I have a clock spring. Airbags are over rated anyway.

• I'm hoping they will still cover it under the same warranty because I seriously doubt they change anything from the 07 to 10. If not, I'll probably be spending some TJ mod money on fixing it. :upset:

• I have a code reader that can scan the air bag computer and see/erase the codes.. May eliminate quite a few steps

I have a SuperChip that has a code reader in it. There's not any codes being thrown and I cleared all codes on top of it just to make sure. Unless IDK what I'm talking about and the air bag computer is different to scan. If thats the case, yes I would like stop by and use it.

• wow that tool sounds nifty:

enables the user to not only get into the enhanced OBD-II system with mode 6 access, live data and graphing, but it also allows a technician to scan the entire car

do you rent it out? :)

• Seems to me a lot of clock-spring failures correlate with the Jeep having gotten rained on at some point.

It was never caught in an open rain but my softtop leaks bad enough on the drivers side so I wouldnt be surprised if thats what caused it.

NandosJK is swinging by my work today with his scanner so we can hopefully see if a code is being thrown and then clear ir for now.

• B1B02 -"Driver Airbag Squib 1 Circuit Open"

I dont have a shit clue what a Squib is but I might drive to take my center consule out to expose the harness to see if anything came disconnected.

• When a person gets shot in the movies and their chests explode and the fake blood comes out? That's a squib firing off to make the small explosion. Basically, a very small charge that is typically triggered by electricity. So I'd be concerned about any squib warning. I'm not educated enough in the ways of airbags to know if it's about to trigger on you, but would be leery enough to not mess too much with it just to be on the safe side. That's me though...have fun! :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!